Interesting Article In Today Melbourne Age

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've wanted to check their beer out for a while but never got around to it. Hopefully it will be easier to find now.

On tap at the Sherlock Holmes in the city I believe.

RobW said:
On tap at the Sherlock Holmes in the city I believe.
[post="85314"][/post]​
Not just 'on tap' but on proper Handpump from proper English firkins (9 gallon, real-ale casks). And extremly good.

Sounds good, I'll most likely check it out on the weekend.

My first taste of 3Ravens was of an infected batch - tasted like soy sause and sausages. I e-mailed them several times but they never responded. Unfortunately the 6pack was all opened at once and couldn't be returned - it was for a beer tasting evening.

I'm not a fan.

NRB said:
My first taste of 3Ravens was of an infected batch - tasted like soy sause and sausages. I e-mailed them several times but they never responded. Unfortunately the 6pack was all opened at once and couldn't be returned - it was for a beer tasting evening.

I'm not a fan.
[post="85524"][/post]​
I haven't had their bottled beer yet - only cask., and that has been lovely every time I've tried it I got the impression right at the beginning that what they really wanted to be was a cask beer brewery - bottling and kegging were just necessities planned to give them more than one outlet.

Just to save people the trip, their beers haven't been on cask at the Sherlock Holmes for quite a long time now.
The Sherlock's still worth a look, but they aren't open on weekends either.

Haven't tried 3ravens before- what is it like? where could I get my hands on it in Adelaide?

Malnourished said:
Just to save people the trip, their beers haven't been on cask at the Sherlock Holmes for quite a long time now.
The Sherlock's still worth a look, but they aren't open on weekends either.
[post="87014"][/post]​

Lucky I didn't end up going then :)

Malnourished said:
[post="87014"][/post]​

Do you know if they're on tap/cask anywhere else?

RobW said:
Do you know if they're on tap/cask anywhere else?
[post="87075"][/post]​
Word on the street is that they may be appearing on cask at Lambsgo Bar in the future, but I'm not aware of anywhere that they're currently available. I'd imagine it's pretty hard to convince a bar owner to start serving cask ales in this country. Dammit I miss the Brandon... :angry:
It couldn't hurt to ring/email the brewery for the latest.

Back