Interbrew Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

A mate has offered me some kegs, I'm not sure how much he wants for them yet, but he has 31 of them, so a nice top up for my stock. :D The thing is that they are interbrew kegs and I don't know much about them and can't really find much info. I was wondering if anyone has them or knows them. I currently use ball lock cornies and not sure if they would be to much of a PITA. Could someone also tell me what type of coupler I would need, I tried looking at pics on the net but I couldn't figure it out. Thanks.

IMG_2162_zpschfetjl8.jpg

IMG_2161_zpsznnbrspm.jpg
IMG_2160_zpsvjgwukp3.jpg

Nahh, completely useless and not worth anything
Best drop them off at my place and I'll dispose of them for you...

Looks to be a Type A coupler

I'd say a type too. Never pulled one down and it may be a PITA to do every time but if they're cheap it may be worth creating a cleaning rig to clean them unopened.

Thanks Gents, I'll let my mate know that they are worthless. :p

I'm going to grab one this afternoon to have a look. Fingers crossed the tab on the spear has been removed on them so it's nice and easy to get the spears out. Then it's time to start looking for couplers. I just hope I can still fit 4 of these in my keezer.

fitting in will depend on coupler height mostly

you can get a fitting that turns the connections to the coupler
41soOLl%2BPhL._SY355_.jpg
90 degrees helping them fit in small fridges

Thanks Guys, from the pic they look like they might be a shorter, but fatter. It's a tight fit getting 6 cornies in my fridge and not a lot of extra room in the freezer for the 4. I'll be getting it this evening so I'll have to wait and see. :D

where, how much... where?

I got one off my mate last night. They are definitely A type coupler. There is still some dregs in the one that I got and I think they have been in storage for several years. He's away for a couple of weeks now and they are stored at his mums place which is a few hours away, so I probably won't be getting the lot for about a month, but he said there is maybe 32 of them and when I asked him home much he wanted he said we could work something out. :drinks: :D

So I got the spear out today. I searched for as much info on removing an A type as I could. I tried a plumbers wrench to undo the main section, but it was hard to get a proper grip and I didn't want to damage it, so I made up my custom tool. basically a m6 bolt and two dyna bolts. To combat the annoying little tab, I used another bolt with a nut on the underside of the spear flange, I then just tightened it, which pushed the spear up, once the spear was out I hack sawed the tab off. I tried just pushing down the black rubber seal and then turn the centre in a clockwise direction, but it wouldn't budge. If anyone needs more specific details let me know.
DSC_0214_zpstnko3a4y.jpg

Latest posts

Back