Inter Club Brewing Competition Some Thoughts Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi Crew
I have been thinking of an inter club brewing competition, just thoughts for the moment, but it could work like this. I'm open for a debate here.
1. One club suggests a brew style to be made and each club who wants to enter will have 3 months to enter.
2. Before the three months are up each club holds a competition of the same style.
3. Like The Nationals the best 3 beers from that club are sent to the club hosting, and an inter-club competition is held.
4. The winners and the winning club gets the certificates.
5. The hosting club can organise sponsors to run the event if they wish or an entry fee will cover costs.
6. A first, Second and Third Prize.
7. 3 Months gives Brewers time to Make a good Lager and plenty of time for an Ale.

So we only need 4 active clubs to start rolling for the first 12 months.

What do you all think
Cheers
Ray
IBU's (Illawarra Brewers Union)

Hi Ray,

I think it's a grand idea.

I'm sure some guys from the Newcatsle area - can anyone say HAG - will be up for it.

Bring it on.

Happy Brewing,

Keith

that sounds like a tops idea.

I would be in that for sure

I recon you could count HAG's in

cheers

I'll add my support to the idea.
Sounds like fun.

Pete

Added this to the MALE forum on 'yahum' and see what the response is...but sounds great.

Hi
Well its looking not too bad, The Peakurst Guys are interested, and the Hunter Crew as well as Linz from Mcarthur.
What about the inter City club, no mention from them
Cheers
Ray

Ray,

we're having a big brew day on Saturday (strangely ;) ) and I thought we could discuss it then. It seems like a top idea to me, but we'd best talk it through first before we commit to it.

Ray,

Quick question...... is this a NSW thing or an Aus wide thing??

Just thinking the postage would be a killer for interstaters...

Maybe some thing along the lines of the VicBrew calendar???

Post cost aint too bad outta State for 3-6 beers, a coupla dollars should do it.

Did I forget to say that the IBU's would win??? Ohh... trash talk already...

Hunk Of Spunk Trev can you pls confirm with the SE Sydney boys?

So, assuming someone wins, do we get a trophy? I reckon a 50L Din type keg with RS-A fitting would look pretty good on the shelf at most people bar.

Latest posts

Back