Integrated Lid / Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
I was just over at menzel's plastics (south rd, Edwardstown, Adelaide) to pick up a plastic jerry can for CC'ing (got one with two screwtops on top + bung for a tap at the bottom), and noticed a cool lid for containers (similar to the Grumpy's ONE containers).

It's the large round srew top lid for all those larger 15+ ltr containers, but has a pull down type plastic tap (like on water dispensers) integrated into it. It gets the liquid via a small (and thin) dip tube which extends into the container.

Using this you could convert one of those larger cubes into a CC container quite easily. The idea I guess is you tip the container on it's side to fill / dispense through the tap.

It was only a couple of bucks, so if you've got one of those containers lying around from an ESB wort kit or something, one might come in handy.

Cheers
Mike

Nice one Boots...

Can you bring it on monday so that we can check it out....

Also, is you missus coming - just need to know so that i can order the cougar top... :D

I didn't actually buy one Ken, coz I don't need one, just thought others might be interested.

You might have to be wearing the Coopers top Ken, she's complaining she's got a lot of marking to do before work starts again (school).

I'll bring my camera :D

I've seen those lids. They're very useful for dispensing.

I have one of those 25 litre cubes that has a bung for a normal tap on it, so it's not quite as handy a proposition for me, but they're still a nifty idea.

Anyone going to Kens Monday also going to pick up one of these?

If so I'll like two , will fix you up at Kens

See you there

By the way fresh caught Streaky Bay whiting for tea :p

Batz

Batz

you could have shared your Kg whiting from Streaky mate we all could have enjoyed a bit on the bbq on Monday at kens place... :)

cheers
Ozdevil

You would'nt have got much ozdevil :D

We did'nt get many . just enough for us three , good idea all the same , will see if there's any about

Back