Innovations Co2 Charger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott70

Reaction score
I've had a look at the discount brewers site and they have the innovations co2 chargers and i was wondering if they are any good for dispensing your beer away from home? I'm looking to carbonate the kegs at home on my normal system and then if I want to take a keg to a party etc. I've read about the the soda stream systems alot of people use but I don't won't to take the reg out and the co2 chargers they have have an adjuster with the set up.

Scott

try the search funtion. There are a couple of related threads -

here
here
here and what the hell,
here too

and the co2 chargers they have have an adjuster with the set up.
Not sure what you're refering to when you say they have an adjuster? All they have is a trigger - on/off which lets through the CO2 at high pressure. You control the volume of CO2 that goes in, not regulated pressure.

Hope that helped.

Hoops

Edit - after all that yes they work well with a little bit of modification.

Scott70 I have one it's great works a treat just modify the thread so you can use the cheap co2 canisters and away you go

I have a 10L keg that uses CO2 chargers. I find if you have no control over keg pressure with this method, it starts out sky high, so you pour nothing but foam, and over time gets better and better, until you run out of pressure, and have to start all over again.

What is the adjustment you speak of? How does it work?

I'm in the process of getting mine setup to take a sodastream bottle via a reg (thanks Hoops for the adaptor). At least this way I'll be able to control my pour pressure.

scott

I have one of those CO2 chargers and I have no idea what the hell they are refering too? :huh:

Hoops

Nup no adjustment just a trigger that you pull to give it a burst of gas.

:chug:
Hi Scot

well mate this is what i use on my 10lt keg and it works great and cost about $4.00 to run and drain the keg. i think it cost me about $40.00 AU and $2.00 per co2 capsule to push the beer out and it takes 2 to drain the keg.

well all the best and happy brewing.

Gary DSC00386.JPGDSC00385.JPG

To dispense beer from a keg that is going to be consumed in one evening, do any members use plain air? You could use a 12V air compressor, as used for pumping up tyres or a bicycle pump adaptor of some sort. This could be dead easy, just drill a hole in the lid, and fit a SS tyre valve.

Obviously, oxidization is usually an issue with any beer, but if it is going to be consumed within an evening, this shouldn't be an issue. The old English casks used plain air for pumping.

This would mean no need for the extra expense of a small CO2 cylinder and adaptor.

Taking a keg somewhere would need some way of keeping it cold and a cheap tap such as the picnic or cobra style tap that G&G sell for $10 hooked up to a spare disconnect.

thanks for your help help eveyone. i'm going to order one. now all i need is a harness so i can have a keg backpack :D

scott70 said:
thanks for your help help eveyone. i'm going to order one. now all i need is a harness so i can have a keg backpack :D
[post="52840"][/post]​

I've seen one made before out of a scuba diving tank harness for a 18 litre corny keg.
Food for thought.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
scott70 said:
[post="52840"][/post]​

I've seen one made before out of a scuba diving tank harness for a 18 litre corny keg.
Food for thought.

Beers,
Doc
[post="52845"][/post]​
:eek: i have a scuba setup at home, maybe time to put to use :p

Back