Inner Sydney Brewers – Summer Lovin’ Homebrew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the best idea would be to post your entries to one of the HB shops on the list. Let them know it's coming and clearly mark the package "Summer Lovin' HB Comp, C/- (the HB shop, etc)
I'm sure that will work well.
Good luck!

My hefe for the comp will be bottled this weekend, it's looking pretty good so fingers crossed.

I'll also out in an APA that I bottled a little while ago that's still tasting pretty good, not high hopes for that one though.

Good Day
I put my name down for judging but my cold/flu is winning so I can not make it on Saturday. Sorry for any inconvenience. It is a shame I was really looking forward to judging and visiting Wayward.

First time stewarding on the weekend and lookibg forward to it. Any tips or what should i expect im going in blind at the moment (not drunk blind i would be no help)

Relax- it's a home brew Comp! There will be lots of support & loads of fun.

Big day tomorrow - over 130 entries from 75 brewers! Hope we can announce winners on the weekend esp the Chronical!!

Gr390ry said:
First time stewarding on the weekend and lookibg forward to it. Any tips or what should i expect im going in blind at the moment (not drunk blind i would be no help)
its alright we will mould and shape you the way we want you. see you tomorrow.

A woo-hoo post to celebrate the 3rd in Saisons :) Looks like the prize covered my entry fee, too!

Reman said:
My hefe for the comp will be bottled this weekend, it's looking pretty good so fingers crossed.

I'll also out in an APA that I bottled a little while ago that's still tasting pretty good, not high hopes for that one though.
Pretty happy with the results, the hefe scored 33.5 and came 2nd in the style and 7th in the category.

As expected the APA came last with a score of 17 :( Apologies to the judges for that one. It was brewed in November(!) which might explain such a low score.

anyone who needs a translation for my hand writing just email me. its on the sheet.

Guys (I think that there were no gals unfortunately)

All of the scoresheets and Certificates have now been emailed to you and most of the prizes have gone out too.

Please let me know if they haven't arrived but it might be an idea to first check your Spam box

Hi Colbatt, so far I don't see anything in my mailbox, neither in the Spam folder. What should be the subject line?

Heading was "Summer Lovin' Home Brew Comp Scoresheets"
Sorry, a bit cryptic I suppose.

Codehopper said:
Hi Colbatt, so far I don't see anything in my mailbox, neither in the Spam folder. What should be the subject line?
Have you found it? If not PM me your name and email and I'll resend. I haven't had any bounce-backs so can't see an obvious problem

For a kolsch I entered the comments mentioned brown floaties (ie yeast) detracting from the beer.

That beer was naturally carbed in the bottle (and drinking at home it was clear as a bell as long as you didn't swirl up the yeast on the bottom).

So what I'm keen to know is:

Is it fair to say that certain styles, when bottle conditioned, just aren't going to go as well as they would if they were kegged, carbed with CO2 and then bottled off from the keg?

Is it worth entering bottle carbed kolschs and lagers into comps?

Just looking at the results of the comp and I was surprised to see that Foster's scored so well! :D

Back