Inner City Melbourne Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mucko76

Reaction score
Hi All,

Asking for Expressions of Interest in starting a Home Brew Club in the inner (northern) suburbs of Melbourne. I'm based in Thornbury.

Looking for other brewers in the area to get together to enjoy some beers over a boil kettle or at a good beer venue.

I'm a BIAB brewer myself, but have dabbled in a little 3V.

I'm not necessarily looking to run the club but happy to do what I can.

Who's interested?

See how you go mate but I live in Heidelberg West and it takes me about 35 minutes to get to the Westgate meetings via Alex pde and Newmarket, would be 25 from where you are. I have always found it worth the drive, you should come along to the next meeting if your thread doesn't get enough interest.

Cheers

BDB

Hi All,

Asking for Expressions of Interest in starting a Home Brew Club in the inner (northern) suburbs of Melbourne. I'm based in Thornbury.

Looking for other brewers in the area to get together to enjoy some beers over a boil kettle or at a good beer venue.

I'm a BIAB brewer myself, but have dabbled in a little 3V.

I'm not necessarily looking to run the club but happy to do what I can.

Who's interested?
Mate,
There is Inner Circle brewers...but it's a bit of a closed shop compared to other brew clubs , such as Westgate....
We invite new members...as long as your prepared to be an associate member for 12 months and sign a code of conduct...this just means before you become a fully fledged member , we make sure you don't act like a dick when there is alcohol involved....we've had some problems in the past...as we say...we are a brew club NOT a drinking club.....
As bob suggested , you should come along to Westgate and check us out...we are aligned with Vicbrew and give good brew club...IMHO
Westgate have bus trips , dinners , in house competitions , information days , brew days etc....
IF Westgate don't appeal...there is also Worthogs , which is based around , Eltham, Greensborough....
Anyway...
Check us out here
www.westgatebrewers.org
Cheers
Ferg
Secretary
Westgate

Or.just come out to melbournes oldest (and best) club, melbourne brewers in ferntrre gully :)
We have 2 guys that travel to melb brewers that live in ghe city.

But yeah go check out westgate. fergs a nice bloke and has been known to brew a good beer now and then lol

Or.just come out to melbournes oldest (and best) club, melbourne brewers in ferntrre gully :)
We have 2 guys that travel to melb brewers that live in ghe city.

There's at least 4 from inner city mel suburbs, ranging from Brunswick west to Northcote

Thanks for the replies all. The one draw back with having to drive to any club is it limits the amount of beer I can drink. Keeping it close to home I can ride or PT.

3 of the 4 of us aforemtnioned Melb Brewers carpool so we take it in turns to be designated driver. The 4th one (me) freeloads but the others usually get to drink some of my beer from time to time. I'm also great back seat entertainment with my Marlene Dietrich impersonations.

Not sure how much room there might be in the various cars but there's a possibility it might work out (or there's another person nearby you or a westgate member etc with the same idea in mind).

Hey maybe you inner city melbourne guys who commute up to ferntire gully
melbourne brewers in ferntrre gully :)
should chip in and buy a house... crash pad after meetings with dedicated open/wild fermentation room, the garage converted to a full walk-in cooler, general beer stash/storage room, get the newest green member to dig a cellar, 40 taps on in the kitchen, run glycol from an unused closet, throw 1,000 rhizomes around the property make a cave in 3 years time, bouncing castle in rear. That sort of thing.

Boo to all the already existing clubs (including mine) I say "hell no - start another club"

ICB was mentioned... yes its a closed (ish) shop type club, but thats at least partly to keep it small, simple and easy to manage. No fees, no club room, no committee etc etc.

Decide what sort of club you want to make (presumably it would be one about brewing) - invite some people to be a part of it and set it up. ICB is a perfect example of how hard it does not have to be.

You might even get a few members from other clubs who would care to be in yours too - hell they might even like it more once its up and running.

Hey maybe you inner city melbourne guys who commute up to ferntire gully

should chip in and buy a house... crash pad after meetings with dedicated open/wild fermentation room, the garage converted to a full walk-in cooler, general beer stash/storage room, get the newest green member to dig a cellar, 40 taps on in the kitchen, run glycol from an unused closet, throw 1,000 rhizomes around the property make a cave in 3 years time, bouncing castle in rear. That sort of thing.

You speak of paradise my friend.

there's nothing to stop anyone from setting up there own..you might not find one that suit's the time's and location's of your life's timetable.. :beer:

I've set my own, we met for many hours yesterday and a few today, with the weather this week I feel there will be another meeting each night :)

I've set my own, we met for many hours yesterday and a few today, with the weather this week I feel there will be another meeting each night :)
U, the kegerator and mrs palmer counts as a club? Lol

I'm in Brunswick and car-less, so I'm relatively keen for something local. Bearing in mind that the last club I was in was at age 15. And one day I just stopped going. I'd like to imagine I'm more mature about things now but...hopefully brewing has better longevity than WH40K!

I'd potentially be keen. I'm reasonably busy but love the idea of catching up with other brewers when possible. ICB looks great, but as I only know of one person who is in it, and they are exponentially better at brewing than I am, I think this might be an option more suited to my position...

Those interest should PM me and i'll start a mail list to organise something once we have a few.

Hi, Got a few reply's to this post but not much actual interest in a new club

Anyone interested in a casual meeting with the view to starting a club?

I'm in Thornbury and my brother in law is local as well.

See how you go mate but I live in Heidelberg West and it takes me about 35 minutes to get to the Westgate meetings via Alex pde and Newmarket, would be 25 from where you are. I have always found it worth the drive, you should come along to the next meeting if your thread doesn't get enough interest.

Cheers

BDB

Why dont you get the train? you dont have to drive it, though I'm sure you'ld feel compelled to say choo choooo on the way home :)

Latest posts

Back