Inline Restricters - Brisbane Order

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

als_world

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been looking into getting some of the inline restricters (same as the ones Hoops has in the "Grundy Tap" thread below and the ones Roach organised last year). The only Aus supplier I've found is Beertech in WA. The problem is the cost. The restricters (knob style, 5/16" JG in/out) are now $33 in small quantities, and the stems (if you need them) are $4.20 each - ouch !!!

I was initially thinking of getting them from the UK, but reading Roach's post, it seems like quite a bit of hassle, so I've pretty much given up on doing that.

So, I have 2 questions:
- Has anyone found any viable alternatives to these - other brands etc ?
- Does anyone else in Brisbane want some if I order from Beertech - only to defray some of the postage costs ?

Cheers,

Alan.

An alternative could be 4m of beerline B)

Alan,
In the end Alumasc delivered on what they promised. The major hassles were getting the last few restrictors 4 months after the main order arrived and getting caught with the 5% import duty and 10% GST. Of course dealing with 20 or so AHB'ers was time consuming, but everyone was understanding of the situation and good to deal with.

Keep the declared value of the order, including freight, under $250 AUD and you should avoid the GST/duty. So for a Brisbane mini bulk buy I would recommend you go to Alumasc UK direct. Just depends on the freight charge from the UK and whether this works out to be viable on the numbers you are getting. Actual list price per unit from Alumasc was 5 GBP. The freight, duty, GST, exchange rates, aussie post to AHB'ers etc meant they worked out to around 20 AUD each by the time they landed in Oz and got to AHb'ers. So the $33 price sounds about the mark for a retailer in Oz.

Good luck and PM me if you want more details

PS The stems cost $2.87 + GST from Umcos trading in Adelaide, but they required a minimum order of 10, which was no probs with Adel AHB'ers banding together to bring the numbers up.

Cheers
Roach

roach said:
Alan,
In the end Alumasc delivered on what they promised. The major hassles were getting the last few restrictors 4 months after the main order arrived and getting caught with the 5% import duty and 10% GST. Of course dealing with 20 or so AHB'ers was time consuming, but everyone was understanding of the situation and good to deal with.

Keep the declared value of the order, including freight, under $250 AUD and you should avoid the GST/duty. So for a Brisbane mini bulk buy I would recommend you go to Alumasc UK direct. Just depends on the freight charge from the UK and whether this works out to be viable on the numbers you are getting. Actual list price per unit from Alumasc was 5 GBP. The freight, duty, GST, exchange rates, aussie post to AHB'ers etc meant they worked out to around 20 AUD each by the time they landed in Oz and got to AHb'ers. So the $33 price sounds about the mark for a retailer in Oz.

Good luck and PM me if you want more details

PS The stems cost $2.87 + GST from Umcos trading in Adelaide, but they required a minimum order of 10, which was no probs with Adel AHB'ers banding together to bring the numbers up.

Cheers
Roach
[post="55014"][/post]​

I could do with some stems if anyone wants to order 10 , I want 6

Batz

jgriffin said:
I'd want 4
[post="55017"][/post]​

Sounds like you or me
And as I am moving lets make it you :p

Order away jgriffin :D

Batz

Thanks Als.

I'm still looking for a restrictor I can attach directly to the rear of the tap shank, so if anybody comes across anything that might do it let me know...

:beer:

Wortgames said:
Thanks Als.

I'm still looking for a restrictor I can attach directly to the rear of the tap shank, so if anybody comes across anything that might do it let me know...

:beer:
[post="55065"][/post]​

Have you thought about getting a tap that has a flow restrictor built in ? Morebeer sell one here but I'm sure there are cheaper ones available. I have one but I haven't tried it directory connected to the keg.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Have you thought about getting a tap that has a flow restrictor built in ? Morebeer sell one here but I'm sure there are cheaper ones available. I have one but I haven't tried it directory connected to the keg.

Beers,
Doc
[post="55212"][/post]​

Doc,

Exactly what I use - My local hbs has plenty of these 2nd hand - No messing around inside the fridge, just a quick turn to get the pour rate you want + the added benefit is that these taps come with the guiness stlye nozzle option... :D

How much do they sell them for Ross?

And can they be use with a quick disconnect?

Batz

batz,

sorry, no idea - they have several large boxes full of taps & various odds & sods, like manifolds etc... Just a case of paying a visit, finding what you want & striking a deal - I've sourced most of my bits there & rarely been charged anything.
Pays to become close friends with a good shop - Danny & Lindsay, who own the shop are both great guys & good friends... :D

Thanks Doc, but I need 6 of them :eek:

I've already got a full set of secondhand taps so I just need some thingumies. I'll see what I can find away from the beer world, and I'll report back if I have any joy.

Cheers,
WG

OK dudes, I've got an email from Beertech in WA - the restrictors and stems are now in stock.

I'll be placing an order with them on Friday this week.

Brisbane people, let me know if you want any. See above for prices. Will split postage.

Cheers,

Alan

Count me in for two flow restrictors and 4 of the stems.

Matt

I'll take 2 flow restrictors & whatevers needed to fit them inline...

OK, I've got:

myself: 3 restrictors, 6 stems
mobrien: 2 restricters, 4 stems
ross: 2 restricters, 4 stems

jgriffin - not sure if you wanted just the stems, or restricters ???

Restricters are the knob type, with 5/16 JG inlet and outlet. Stems are 1/4" tubing to 5/16 JG.

Restrictors are $33ea, stems are $4.20ea, postage will be split between us and should be around $3 each (no markups for me - this is cost)

Let me know, as I would like to place the order this afternoon

Cheers,

Alan.

als_world said:
OK, I've got:

myself: 3 restrictors, 6 stems
mobrien: 2 restricters, 4 stems
ross: 2 restricters, 4 stems

jgriffin - not sure if you wanted just the stems, or restricters ???

Restricters are the knob type, with 5/16 JG inlet and outlet. Stems are 1/4" tubing to 5/16 JG.

Restrictors are $33ea, stems are $4.20ea, postage will be split between us and should be around $3 each (no markups for me - this is cost)

Let me know, as I would like to place the order this afternoon

Cheers,

Alan.
[post="55864"][/post]​

Just the 4 restrictors please. I don't bother with the stems.

I'll go 6 stems if you have not ordered already

Batz

Back