Inline Ball Lock Post

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
Happy new year btw!

I think i'm in the need for a ball lock post attached to some beer line, to be able to easily and quickly swap which tap my hop randell is feeding..

in my head it's a ball lock post with a barbed or push fitt on the other side for beer line.

my latest thinking is a pet bottle fizzer with a fitting screwed into it.

does anyone know the thread of a PET bottle?

I don't even mind bodging it up with selleys Knead it - as it's a one weekend party type arrangement....

You can buy the parts to make a keg post on a beer line from chi company. Keg post. Post adapter and barb

I just made one for my cpbf, the male ball lock post has a 1/2" thread on it standard (thanks MHB for the info) i just screwed a 1/2" female x 6mm brass barb fitting to it. I had to use an adaptor to get down there, but the engineering shop said they could order me a single unit, they were just out of stock.

fitting1.jpg

I just made one for my cpbf, the male ball lock post has a 1/2" thread on it standard (thanks MHB for the info) i just screwed a 1/2" female x 6mm brass barb fitting to it. I had to use an adaptor to get down there, but the engineering shop said they could order me a single unit, they were just out of stock.

View attachment 59687

punkin that's exactly what i need.

where did you source a male ball lock post?

also does the poppet sit in there ok without the dip tube?

cheers

punkin that's exactly what i need.

where did you source a male ball lock post?

also does the poppet sit in there ok without the dip tube?

cheers

You can source the male ball lock post from a good home brew shop or online.

The poppet is retained by a spring clip inside the post. The dip tube does not hold it in.

Take one of your kegs apart and have a look around and you will get a handle on how it all goes together pretty quickly

You can source the male ball lock post from a good home brew shop or online.

The poppet is retained by a spring clip inside the post. The dip tube does not hold it in.

Take one of your kegs apart and have a look around and you will get a handle on how it all goes together pretty quickly

Not one of my poppets is not held in by anything other than the dip tube.

Not one of my poppets is not held in by anything other than the dip tube.

I assume you mean "not one of my poppets is held in by anything other than the dip tub"??

if so...

Is this on a post with a male or female thread?

I took it out of an 80l (18 gall) keg that was rebuilt for balllock that i bought online mate i'm sorry. Mark did say they are hard to get hold of and expensive when you can get em.

I intend to just use one of my keg gas lines direct from the manifold when using my cpbf, so this way works perfect for me. I'll deal with the 80l keg if i ever need to :unsure:

I assume you mean "not one of my poppets is held in by anything other than the dip tub"??

if so...

Is this on a post with a male or female thread?
All standard female corny keg posts.

the male threaded ball lock are the standard fitting on a mytton rodd keg parts available from here. although @ $27 each they are pricey.

Latest posts

Back