Inline Aeration Filters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrosnan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Purchased a SS aeration stone and inline filter from G&G and was wondering if anyone knows a lab supply or the like who might provide a bulk purchase of the filters. They look quite disposable and the package says "Single use only". They are a Millipore Millex GV brand.

PB,
You should be able to buy a box of 100 from any lab supply. Check the yellow pages. BTW You can re-use the filter. Although it says single use for homebrewer 5-10 uses should be fine.
cheers
darren

They are actually surposed to be used for filtering some intravenous fluids upon injection. (the missus used them when an intensive care nurse) so a mediacal goods outlet is another good source if they will sell them to you. So as you are using them for air you can reuse them many times with no noticable effect as long as you pump the same direction. The flow for fluids should go from the big (leurlock) end to the smaller outels but it is probably not so critical for air.
Whatever you do keep any moisture including sanitisers out. Once this is in you won't be pumping air through very well. I only sanitise the tube dwonstream of the filter to avoid this.

Borret

Darren said:
PB,
You should be able to buy a box of 100 from any lab supply. Check the yellow pages. BTW You can re-use the filter. Although it says single use for homebrewer 5-10 uses should be fine.
cheers
darren
[post="81076"][/post]​

Bulk buy coming up?

count me in

Batz

I work right next door to perth scientific supplies in Malaga. So if you need anything picked up from there, just give me a yell.

I work right next door to perth scientific supplies in Malaga. So if you need anything picked up from there, just give me a yell

Excellent news BF, what's the chance of you getting a price?

Back