Inkbird thermometer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomo

Reaction score
Hi any recommendations for thermometer as have had inkbird smart thermometer and only lasted a year. Should I bit the bullet and get the thermopen.

Which Inkbird thermometer do you have? I bought two when they were on offer here.

Both stopped working after a few months use giving a LLL.L display. Apparently it was a loose wire fault.
Inkbird replaced the two faulty ones with this one (I had requested that as it was the same value as the two faulty ones)

That one has been great so far. I actually much prefer it to my Thermopen. Only had it a few months so will have to wait and see if it lasts.
The thermopen was only good for about a year. It still works but is temperamental, I have to open and close the probe a few times to get it working.

So that was when I got mine, I was thinking about if it was still in warranty when it started playing up last week. I’m getting the “LLLL” permanently on the display.

So that was when I got mine, I was thinking about if it was still in warranty when it started playing up last week. I’m getting the “LLLL” permanently on the display.
I sent a message via the forum never got a reply, sent a message on line and got a replacement thermometer back within 2 or three days. I read that people who had purchased through Amazon at that time had the same problem. It was a batch, where when you pulled the probe out it disconnected a wire.

I do American BBQ, and use the Inkbird iht1p while a few mates run the Thermapen. In all honesty, I am usually after buy it once, buy it right but lately have been researching for better value. Means more money to spend on ingredients (NEIPAs are NOT cheap)

In comparison to the Thermapen Mk4 it runs at about the same speed. So in that regard I am very happy. I have also left mine out in the rain before by accident and no issues. I also love being able to just charge it from a usb charger. All in all, I would prefer 3 inkbirds over 1 Thermapen, no matter how much shit my mates give me! :D

It was a batch, where when you pulled the probe out it disconnected a wire.
You told me that in another thread so I took my old one apart and sure enough a wire from the probe had broken away from the solder. When I held the wire back in place the display worked fine again. So the wire could be soldered back in place easily enough, I didn’t bother as I couldn’t find my soldering iron at the time and had already received the new thermometer anyway.

As above you may be able re solder the wire if it is out of warranty.

Thanks. I did send them an email today and they pointed out that out is out of warranty and would I buy another. For the $16 I paid I'll throw it in the bin and buy something else.
It is cheap razz, probably about $5 wholesale but the point is they acknowledged they had a bad batch and should have replaced it. Not like they are losing megabucks.

Latest posts

Back