Ink bird

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philired1

Reaction score
Chasing some info on my inkbird. At present i am using a small mfridge for my fermentaion with a inkbird 308. I have it set at 20 degrees with 1 degree either side. As the weather is now getting cooler i am not using the cooling so the fridge is not starting. I have notice that the temperature with the probe attached to the fermenter is reading 19.8 degrees and does not seem to want to go higher. I also have a heat belt hanging inside as well. As the heat cycle should shut of at 20 degrees it is not getting above 19.8 so it is staying on. I have let the probe hang loose in the fridge and the temp is about 25. have left the door ajar to get temp back down. I would like to get to 23 for a d rest. Do i need to make any adjustments.. Dont want to burn the fridge.

Here's how I roll.
Heat belt wrapped around the lowest practical point of the fermenter, which in my case is the bottom rail of the fermentasaurus, plugged into the 'heat' side (duh) if the Inkbird. Probe duct-taped to the side of the fermenter about an inch below the top of the liquid level. Set your temps and range, and stand by.
I reason convection currents will evenly distribute heat. Cant back it up with any kind scientific research or citations though.
Anecdotally however, my beers fully ferment, so take it for what its worth.

I had the same problem as you. Put heat belt around the bottom of the fermenter and problem solved.

Back