Ingredients clean out recipe suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubba

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've been a lurker here for a little while and don't contribute much but have taken so much away from this forum. For that I am very thankful!

Like the title says I have a bunch of ingredients I want to get rid of and I'm not too sure what to make. I generally stick to my tried and true IPAs and APAs but now I have these odd bits and pieces left over. Any suggestions what to make? All cans are more or less fresh. I've seen threads like this here before so sorry if its been done to death but I doubt I'll find a thread with the same ingredients as I have.

1 x Coopers Canadian
1 x Coopers Dark Ale
1 x Coopers Wheat
1 x Coopers English Bitter

3 x Coopers Dark Liquid Malt

The following hops in 50g or more:

Citra
Nelson
Cascade
Mosaic
Amarillo

24g Pride of Ringwood.
12g Hersbrucker

Usually I just chuck the cans in and dry hop immediately or towards the end of fermentation. Have done some hop boils and am comfortable doing again.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers!

Hey kubba

I agree that a thread with similar ingredients would be hard to find. In fact I'd go as far as saying that some of your ingredients will not really gel together, I say this basically on the presence of the Coopers Dark Malt.
You could:
1/ Mix the English Bitter with a can of Dark Malt, for a very dark beer but I'd be inclined to keep the EB kit and make a Porter by mixing it with a kilo of LDM, some dark brown sugar, some chocolate malt and roasted barley.
2/ Combine the Canadian Blonde and the Wheat Beer and dry hop with Cascade and Amarillo - use the kit yeast from the blonde or get some US05 or Wyeast 1056.
3/ Grab a kilo of LDM for the Dark Ale and dry hop with Nelson
4/ Keep the Dark Malt and use a base in some extract recipes e.g. dark ale, Porter and Stout - You could use the POR as a bittering hop in one of the brews

Sorry I can't offer up a recipe, but this set of ingredients is a challenge

Yeah carniebrew
That Coopers recipe calls for 1/2 can of DME. I don't know of many styles where you could add a full can unless your using a Blonde or Pale can as a base for a stout. I've used a full can in the English Stout and due to the aroma I thought that I'd made vegimite. Hopr you can come up with a plan kubba :)

Good pickup Von, didn't see that. No reason you couldn't just use half a can though. Transfer the other half into a sealed/sanitised plastic container and store in the fridge until needed.

Thanks for the replies guys. I went for the canadian and wheat option and I'll wait for some more stock to show up before I use the rest. Must start planning ahead from now on!

Latest posts

Back