Ingredients All From A Supermarket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycum0

Reaction score
what ingredients do you all recomend THAT I CAN BUY FROM A SUPERMARKET to make my beers more flavoursome.

andycum0 said:
what ingredients do you all recomend THAT I CAN BUY FROM A SUPERMARKET to make my beers more flavoursome.
[post="72213"][/post]​

Some Peter from Wagga

Guess there must be a trigger there

You could try some P_e_t_e_r f_r_o_m Wagga

ozbrewer said:
Sausage Beer?
[post="72238"][/post]​

Got me thinking there Oz. :rolleyes: What?!? No gravy! :lol:

andycum0. Ask a stupid question....

Warren -

Mate a two can brew is the best way to get a good beer. Once I used two Coopers Real Ale and about 500g of dextrose. It turned out great. Definately try a two can brew.

Scotty

A coppers pale ale kit with brew booster 2 as recommended on the can comes up pretty good if you bottle condition it. Ive served it from the keg and its not the same. Make it up to 18-19L, gives it a bit of extra flavour, as it can be a bit watery otherwise.

You guys are being a bit harsh there. I can relate to Andycum0. I live in an area devoid of decent HBSs and the supermarket is the only economical choice for brewing supplies. So pull your heads in and offer some constructive advice! :angry:

Steve.

IIRC Andy lives in Manly. I may be geographically-challenged but I'm pretty sure it's hardly the back of Burke (or Wagga ;) ).

If it pleases you though I shall pull my head in. :blink:

Edit: Locations

Warren -

I though space-mokey posts look very similar. Alot of brew "jargon" with supposedly little or no brew knowledge

internet order or mail order works pretty well these days ... and some places (like Grumpy's) have free shipping interstate if you buy over $100 ... no need to buy crap ingredients, unless you really want to ...

Darren said:
I though space-mokey posts look very similar. Alot of brew "jargon" with supposedly little or no brew knowledge
[post="72355"][/post]​

Well that would be because I admittedly don't know much but am trying to learn... I'm not trying to use jargon to try and look smarter than I am, I guess I just try to study stuff a fair bit when I'm trying to learn about it.
FYI I just cracked open my first brew tonight for a sample, it's not going to win any awards just yet but certainly good enough to make me glad I've given it a crack, and still more enjoyable than certain commercial beers. I'm, about to get my second one into the bottles tonight, hopefully all goes well.

andycum0 said:
[post="72213"][/post]​

North Rocky Woolies has start stocking some "Ale Yeast" and "Lager Yeast" dry yeast packets. I think they're Brigalow brand, and are <$2 ea. They may be worth trying for a substitute for the yeast in a real cheap can kit. I wouldn't try it in place of a Cooper's can yeast though.

Though Rocky is kinda far from Manly, or Wagga.

Back