Infected Commercial Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luek

Reaction score

Just wondering, how does this happen? I thought they had like a billion steps they used to avoid this.
I'm guessing it was just a freak thing that got through whatever they put their beer through.

I guess there will always be that 1% or so

Never seen it though, shows even the "big boys" can stuff it up from time to time

That sudoku looks hard as shit. I can barely even work it out!

Is it an infection or just some sort of foreign matter?

Slightly OT, had a JS amber from a bottle last night. Nail polish, slick, absolutely putrid. Consumed within 1 week from purchase and refrigerated the whole time. Can happen.

The wife bought a case of Oettinger's when we were 'in between' kegs a few weeks back and I cracked one and it smelt revolting - off egg, sulphur, rotten, putrid.

She took them back and got a refund...

You know the old scam where you'd claim you found rat hair or faeces in your Mars Bar and Cadburys would send you out a giant box just to shut you up in the name of good customer relations?

Hahn Light eh?
..pity...

Fair OT, but I remember when myself and my sister were quite young, we'd write letter to kellogs' etc, saying how much we liked "insert favourite products here"

In return, they'd send a huge box full of "favourite products"

Glorious.

Sponge

looks like your getting a few slabs for free.
i bitched about a coopers 6 pack tasting like
metal and the rep swapped me a slab.

go for it. there QC should be up there.
:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back