Indonesia saved from moral outrage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance!

I-Slam all those that do not do as I say.
Seems to be the jist of that religion, at least where the fanatics are concerned.

No religious beliefs other than attending Mash every now and then for me. Seems to keep me out of trouble.

Cheers,
D80

the law - a ban on women wearing tight trousers.. lol.. :lol:

"When you see a woman straddle, she looks like a man. But if she sits side-saddle, she looks like a woman," Suaidi said.

wow.. im better off just saying nothing..

Dave70 said:
Some may argue this particular issue to be rather low on Indo's vast range of woes.
What issue can be more pertinent than an entire community's slipping moral conduct?

bum said:
What issue can be more pertinent than an entire community's slipping moral conduct?
Obviously women not wearing tight pants, I would be up in arms too.
The right to bare tight pants is in the constitution and fully supported by the National tight- pant association NPA.
Redneck Nev

bum said:
Isn't it obvious?

Motorcycle safety.

There are in the order of 8500 collisions involving motorcycles and scooters a year in Indonesia. The last thing they need is to further aggravate the situation by enforcing laws that enforce an inherently unstable riding style. Try it sometime. See if I lie.

If they crash side-saddle it'll be easier to just walk off the bike in time. USE YOUR HEAD, MAN!

The best way to experience what it's like to be an American is to expect other countries to have the same laws as yours.

To completely feel like an American would be going in there with guns and making them live like you.

I'm not for women being shat on like they are under Sharia ... but I'm big on letting countries sort their own shit out. I don't want other countries invading mine and telling me to live they way they do.

mikec said:
But Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance!
That's what they'd want the world to believe, but it's really a political, social, and business control system, with a veneer of religion to make it work.

warra48 said:
That's what they'd want the world to believe, but it's really a political, social, and business control system, with a veneer of religion to make it work.
Perhaps you're confusing Islam with Communism?

i can see the light in those ways, ie. some woman should not be in tight pants, but a blanket ban would be god forbid, i mean ala forbid, the end of the camel toe.

warra48 said:

Sounds a little like the Catholic church.

bum said:
Perhaps you're confusing Islam with Communism?
Perhaps they each work in much the same way - that's to control the populace to their way of thinking?

Batz said:
Sounds a little like the Catholic church.
Remarkably similar in the way they try to control the populace.

scottc1178 said:
I'll drink to that!... or at least I would... pretty sure it's a sin.
I'm sure there where much worst sins than having a drink.

7OB.jpg

Back