Incubator heating setup?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexpanda

Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm gonna be building an incubator, but my problem at the moment is finding a heat source that also runs on a thermostat? Does anyone have any suggestions or have built something themselves?

Egg incubator?
Reptile heat mats/panels, a light globe, search on ebay....

NC's link will work perfectly for your fermenter
I'm using that same thermostat for controlling my fermenting freezer in summer, and a heat belt in winter
just mount the probe low or mid-low height on the fermenter, so you're not boiling at the bottom before the top temp catches up

Thank you guys very much, I did actually have a look on eBay but wasn't able to find anything like this. Do you recommend mounting it too the wall of the incubator or make a shelf underneath for it too sit on.

Or since I will be running double drums should I have it setup between them in a central position.

I'd wedge it in between the drums
next summer source yourself a fridge and do it in there, much better setup

Okay we'll I haven't built it yet so I can still do that idea. Ill also custom the shelves too make them stronger.

I'm using a freezer and the standard racks are strong enough to hold a 23 litre batch

Okay. Well I believe we will be doing 30L batches which I will still custom make the shelves.

Latest posts

Back