Quantcast

Inconsistencies In Recipe Section

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
I have noticed that when you input a recipe the original and final gravity figures are very different from those of the actual recipe, as an example I have just entered "Andrew's Oatmeal Stout" and my actual O.G was 1.058 and F.G was 1.018. In the forums recipe engine my beer should have had an O.G 1.053 [from memory] and a final gravity of 1.011.

Is it possible to have a field to enter your own mash efficiency and also a field to enter your actual final gravity.

Also while I am being a pain in the A#$e what about the hop AAU's can these in any way be changed by individual brewers as I noticed that the Target hops listed have an AA rating of 8% but the ones in my brew had an AA of 10%.

Sorry to be a pain.

Regards
Andrew

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Andrew, all valid points. I am currently re-writing the recipe engine so that it will handle all of this correctly. I would expect the OG to be pretty accurate although it is based on an efficiency of 75% for grain brews. The FG is a result of the yeast you select so will likely not match exactly the attenuation you get. However it is a guide, when you create a batch of the recipe you can exactly enter your OG & FG so it is accurate to whatever you achieved in your current batch of hte recipe.

V2 will include:
  • adjustable efficiency for grain brews
  • ability to select hop AA%
  • ability to select hop form
Hopefully a lot of other good stuff but my brain is still warming up. I just need to stop brewing and finish writing it :(

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Your the man Jason :D and thanks for the reply, look forward to using the results.

Thanks
Andrew

Latest posts