Inaugural Mash Paddle Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
any all grain brewers on this site check out the grumpys forum for a posting from
steve nicholls announcing this comp.
its too long for me to be bothered posting it here but have a look if your curious.
its also on the craftbrewer site.

cheers
big d

going to give it a go bid d ?

no im not going to enter batz.
im excluded as i cant use cascade :(

big d said:
no im not going to enter batz.
im excluded as i cant use cascade :(
Big d

Chinook is ok - i think....or use a cascade derivitive/family hop.

Hellatae, Saaz is good etc.

I think they might still be working the hops out but definitley no Cascade - pity.

I am in...i will be entering my first All Grain beer...

Nothing like going in the deep end and sinking.... :D

nothing lost....nothing gained

Or grained ? :p

I'll be giving it a go with a mini-mash. I just have to do some calculations to make sure I hit my efficiencies and gravity right.

Snow said:
I'll be giving it a go with a mini-mash. I just have to do some calculations to make sure I hit my efficiencies and gravity right.
Snow, conditions of entry say it has to be an AG beer. No PM's no extract.
It is to judge the brewers skill.

C&B
TDA

Snow said:
Snow

Just do an AG half batch if you are not setup for a full batch...

yeah I said mini mash, not partial mash. No extract involved.

- Snow.

I just entered a beer of similar description (an english ordinary bitter) in a comp here in WA. At the time I made it I thought "what the hell am I going to do with 25 litres of midstrength!" .... I'm not a big fan of english ales but love american examples (cascade++)

But after having it on tap for a few months I've come quite attached to it as have some of my friends. So Ill be brewing another to coincide with this comp.
sometimes it takes things like this to make you brew something different..... widen your horizon....

Asher for now

I always brewed lagers , but have been getting into ales of late and reaaly enjoying them
Also taking a liking to the english styles

and with some skill and brewers luck one of our forum members may claim the paddle.
best of luck guys

big d

Well I'll have a go too, can't hurt :D another excuse to brew some beer.

good luck to everyone that enters this.
Is this a wooden paddle?? If so maybe the winner can stir their brew with it and in a few years or so it can be like the vikings "magic stick"

:lol: :lol:

TDA,

Not tripping over the "Cake" covering the "Hole" are we?????

Just for fun, not sides

;) ;)

Well, hopefully i'll get my AG setup done.

I'm thinking of entering my first AG brew,

it would be good to get some feedback on it.

Brewed my entry for this comp today! It happened between mowing the lawns so if the judges say there is a grassy flavour I will know why :D .

C&B
TDA

i was gunna do mine today and find out i have nothing whatso ever to clean anything with.
good planning ahead jayse.

anyway my practice run was a unreal beer but sadly now all gone.
did anyone hear steves interview on the craftbrewers radio show?
interesting listen these shows you can download them on ***.

cheers jayse

Back