Inaugral Queensland Home Brewing Conference - November 5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going, Liam, Ben and Xavier is going, not sure who else Adam.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it because I'm official photographer for my brother in law's wedding the same day.

I notice in the thread that someone was excited that Andrew Osbourne was doing the Beer Smith talk. Well, we have gone one better yet!

The Beer Smith 2 presentation will now be done by none other than Brad Smith, the designer of Beer Smith, himself.

Brad will be talking to us direct from the States via a live link-up. Brad's talk will cover:

• Why we should use brewing software;
  • What you can achieve with brewing software;
  • What are the developments that have been incorporated into Beer Smith Version 2; and
  • What other facilities besides brewing software are included in Beersmith for home brewers to use.
If you have seen Brad doing his podcasts, you'll know he is well used to doing live link-ups. Make sure you are at the Conference for a chance to raise your own questions with the ultimate guru on Beer Smith and brewing software.

:eek: Brad has also provided the QHC with 5 free copies of Beer Smith 2 to give away as prizes, but you will have to be there to get one.

Get onto www.theqhc.com.au to find out all about the conference and book a ticket. There is only a week left!

Dinner menu arrived this morning - its a cracker. Scallops, Pork belly, even a Stout infused ice cream being made. More details on this tonight!

I notice in the thread that someone was excited that Andrew Osbourne was doing the Beer Smith talk. Well, we have gone one better yet!

The Beer Smith 2 presentation will now be done by none other than Brad Smith, the designer of Beer Smith, himself.

Brad will be talking to us direct from the States via a live link-up. Brad's talk will cover:

• Why we should use brewing software;
  • What you can achieve with brewing software;
  • What are the developments that have been incorporated into Beer Smith Version 2; and
  • What other facilities besides brewing software are included in Beersmith for home brewers to use.
If you have seen Brad doing his podcasts, you'll know he is well used to doing live link-ups. Make sure you are at the Conference for a chance to raise your own questions with the ultimate guru on Beer Smith and brewing software.

:eek: Brad has also provided the QHC with 5 free copies of Beer Smith 2 to give away as prizes, but you will have to be there to get one.

Get onto www.theqhc.com.au to find out all about the conference and book a ticket. There is only a week left!
It was Andrew Clark (AndrewQld) who helped develop Beersmith 2 with Brad Smith...
Actually, I was bummed when I heard Andrew couldn't make it....as I haven't started using my BS2 yet :eek:
But having the man himself (Brad Smith) do a presentation and Q&A via video link up will make up for it and be pretty awesome.

Good one David. :beerbang:

Looking forward to next weekend,

PB :beer:

I'm going to both the dinner and the conference. I'm really looking forward to it.

Even better, SWMBO paid for the tickets.
How are all the Ippy and surrounding brewers getting home? I think I will train it and spring for a cab to peak crossing.

I'd recommend SouthBank Parklands

romania_05.jpg

Bump - It's getting close now....

If you haven't already...grab your tickets to the conference, the dinner, or both...

The QHC Webpage

See you there,

PB (Dave Clarke) :beerbang:

Firstly apologies to Andrew Clarke - late night posting is not a good thing.

QHC Beer and Food Matching Dinner

The Queensland Homebrewing Conference can confirm today further details of the Beer and Food Matching Dinner to be held on 05 November 2011, at Deck's Steak and Seafood Restaurant at Southbank. The menu for the evening has been prepared by Matt Kirkegaard, founder of Good Beer Lunches and Editor of Australian Brews News.

The menu, and matching beers for the evening will be:

Welcome Beer: Brissy Blonde Kolsch Simeon Bonetti (Brewers Choice)

Entre: Seared scallops on a bed of rocket and fennel salad dressed with an orange vinaigrette
(Matched with the Matilda Bay/Bacchus Brewing Pro-Am Collaborative Pilsner)

Main: Crispy skin pork belly on a bed of braised cabbage, apple and red wine vinegar
(Matched with Tony Brown's Ipswich Ale House American Pale Ale)

Cheese: Witches Chase Labour Intensive Wash Rind, and Farmhouse Clothbound Cheddar
(Matched with Liam Ahearn's Karma Belgian Tripel)

Desert: White chocolate mousse topped with sour cherries and coconut toffee shards, served with a side of hand-made Stout ice cream
(Matched with 4 Pines Vostok Stout)

Each course will be introduced by Matt with the brewers (where willing), giving us a brief run down on their beer.

Entertainment will be provided by Rory Gibson, Beer Editor at the Courier Mail, who will be sharing his journey from beer consumer to critic. Jaron Mitchell will also be talking to us about 4 Pines' new Vostok Space Stout, the first beer designed for interstellar travel.

The dinner will be held in Decks Steak and Seafood Restaurant on Nov 5 2011, starting at 6.30pm.

We are very close to closing off tickets for the dinner so the restaurant can't start preparing, so make your booking now. Menu looks great, beers taste great, speakers are great and numbers are great. Should be a great night!

For full information and to purchase tickets, visit our website www.theqhc.com.au

I'm pissed off now that I'm not going to the dinner. It looks great! :angry:

Got my ticket, looking forward to meeting other Ipswich brewers on Tuesday.

Looking forward to the weekend That menu looks good. :icon_drool2:

Since we're not going to the dinner either, we're thinking Brewhouse afterwards.
Anyone feel like like putting up with a lot of dumb questions?

Hi Just been advised that the QHC site has gone down due to bandwidth issues - must be all the people trying to book tickets last thing!!!

If you need to get on and book tickets, use the following link - it will take you direct to the booking site. We will have the QHC site up again first thing in the morning.

http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingE...12496&bof=1

Clearly the stress-o-meter installed on all things electrical has cut in and disabled the site at a critical moment. We may delay settling ticket numbers now until Wednesday.

Cheers david

The QHC website is back up and running. Just too many people on it at the moment. had to increase bandwidth, but now all is good.

Cheers

Its getting close now!

On Friday I'm going to go to Bitter Suite for a pint or 2 during their happy hour from 5pm (only $7), then heading to Archive at about 6.30pm/7pm.

Be great to get a few people together and we can bus it or maxi taxi between venues.

Who's in?

Its getting close now!

On Friday I'm going to go to Bitter Suite for a pint or 2 during their happy hour from 5pm (only $7), then heading to Archive at about 6.30pm/7pm.

Be great to get a few people together and we can bus it or maxi taxi between venues.

Who's in?

I'll prob meet you at Archive because I have work until 4:30.

Its getting close now!

Who's in?

The 199 bus is only a block away from Bitter Suite, and stops at Archive's front door (eventually) ;)

Latest posts

Back