In Perth For A Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
I and a co-worker are in Perth for work next week at the Uni of WA. He is pretty keen on going to Little Creatures. Most likely we will be staying downtown somewhere near the uni campus. What is the best choice for getting to the brew pub? Can we get a train or something there rather than driving?

Any other good drinking/eating holes that can be recommended by the locals?

Yep trains go down to Freo, so pretty easy, you might need to cab to train station from the Uni though.
Buses go down Stirling Highway too, shouldn't take to long.

there's quite a few threads on Perth pubs, so check them out.

I like the beers at the Old Swan Brewery too, good for corporate card wining/dining.

Uni of WA isnt actually "In town" for some strange reason

the 98, 99 express goes straight down Stirling Hyw to Freo. every 15 min, short walk from the bus,train station to LC

You need to look for the right busstop, its got a yellow reflective strip at the top of the sign

Hi there. I'm at UWA also. The big old building that has a square turret with a clock on the front is called Winthrop Hall. You can catch a 99 bus from the bus stop out on the highway in front of that, maybe just a tiny bit to the east (away from the city), look for the reflective yellow strip as someone said. The 99 will take you all the way to Freo bus port, then it's a nice walk through Freo to the waterfront and Little Creatures, there's probably maps at the Freo train station you can look at.

Tranperth journey planner is always useful.
Transperth
Just don't plan on using public transport after 9pm, Perth folk don't tend to stay out after dark, and they tend to get mighty suspicious of people who do :)

Hi
Theres the sail and anchor pub in fremantle and they have some pretty nice beers, particularly their oatmeal stout (the brass monkey stout). there is also the mad monk and they have some good beers too and then again you have little creatures which have nice beer as well, my fav being the bright ale. All three pubs brew their own beer and are within walking distance of each other so i kindly suggest you try some beers/grits from all of them to get an idea of which place you like better. Goodluck and have a ball!

I was in Perth a couple of weeks ago, Clancy's Fish Pub in Freeo is well worth it and not a hike if you are already going to LC, has over 20 taps in the event that you want some variety (I get bored very quick when drinking the same beer - like a beer-specific ADD sufferer).

Cracking observation... pity your "quotes" aren't even "quoting" anything
Let he who is without sin throw the first stone...

From your own site

Mon May 11: CPA @ Ningaloo Resort

Ease up mate.

FWIW, get into Freo (bus/train in) and then cab back when you're done. Plenty to taste once you're in there... more than one session anyway!

Let he who is without sin throw the first stone...

From your own site

Mon May 11: CPA @ Ningaloo “Resort”

Ease up mate.

FWIW, get into Freo (bus/train in) and then cab back when you're done. Plenty to taste once you're in there... more than one session anyway!

Top marks on the research..... head of the class
pity the camping ground where that photo was taken was called Exmouth and Ningaloo Caravan and Holiday Resort

You should probably be quoting your first line too.... unless you wrote it.?

http://www.exmouthresort.com/images/logo.gif

Back