In A Pickle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
I put down a Munich Dunkel today and I only have 2 cubes left (other 4 are full) When I filled the first I was squeezing the air out and the lid doesnt seal! So It's a dodgy thread I think but my problem is im out of cubes and not sure what to do really as I have no yeast ready and my ferment fridge is full. Any ideas?

Lots and lots of layers of glad wrap, and a big ****-off rubber band as tight as it will go. Otherwise, dash off and grab a dry yeast of some sort - might not be to the style you're after, but will salvage what is likely to be an infected beer if left out for too long...

Cheers

I put down a Munich Dunkel today and I only have 2 cubes left (other 4 are full) When I filled the first I was squeezing the air out and the lid doesnt seal! So It's a dodgy thread I think but my problem is im out of cubes and not sure what to do really as I have no yeast ready and my ferment fridge is full. Any ideas?

Quick trip to hardware or camping shop for a new cube. Reheat wort above 70 degrees and recube.

Lots and lots of layers of glad wrap, and a big ****-off rubber band as tight as it will go.

Cheers

^ This. I have done this a couple of times. I double up a peice of glad wrap and cross rubber band it until tight, the put another peice of doubled up glad wrap and rubber band it again. I only left them a few days until i either had a fermenter ready or got the yeast I needed.
Even gives of the pressure release fffffttttt when you take the wrap off at pitching time.

Cheers

leave the lid off and see what wild yeast you have hanging around

Back