Improve my Slow Cooked Brisket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 Webers, 2 pellet smokers, and I gave my stick burner away because it no longer was used.

For the record, the Pitboss 820 (now an old model) and the Pitboss Navigator 850 both can sear over flame.

I have 3 Webers, 2 pellet smokers, and I gave my stick burner away because it no longer was used.

For the record, the Pitboss 820 (now an old model) and the Pitboss Navigator 850 both can sear over flame.
The Pitboss 850 Navigator looks quite nice. Much better build quality than my Green Mountain Grill!

Back when I got my pellet it was Traeger or Yoder. Now there is heaps more choice which is great!

The Pitboss 850 Navigator looks quite nice. Much better build quality than my Green Mountain Grill!

I have the Navigator and it is a great unit.

I also have the Pitboss series 3 vertical smoker, but that doesn't seem to get used much since the navigator because it does all the vertical does and more.

GMG are good bits of kit. It was hard getting a $1400 smoker across the line but when I mentioned home made bacon and jalapeno poppers on demand she was the first one in the car to head to BBQ galore hahah

$1400 for a Trager? Not bad. Was that the PRO575 on special or something?

It was the pro22 about 4 years ago. Came with cover, beer can chicken thing (never used, gave to a mate) and the folding shelf.

It's held up so well, two mates who gave me a heap of shit for taking the easy route bought traegers a year later hahah.

If I had my time again I would have gone the bigger version or even a timberline if I had big cash to splash.

The 22 is perfect for a whole brisket, about 4 racks of ribs or a couple chickens. So it can easily feed 20 on it doing something like a brisket or pulled pork. But its small enough that I just fire it up for a single chook or do smoked spag, lasagne etc just for us.

Bbqing and home brew were made for each other

Something to do whilst you are waiting for mash or boil to finish

It was the pro22 about 4 years ago. Came with cover, beer can chicken thing (never used, gave to a mate) and the folding shelf.

It's held up so well, two mates who gave me a heap of shit for taking the easy route bought traegers a year later hahah.

If I had my time again I would have gone the bigger version or even a timberline if I had big cash to splash.

The 22 is perfect for a whole brisket, about 4 racks of ribs or a couple chickens. So it can easily feed 20 on it doing something like a brisket or pulled pork. But its small enough that I just fire it up for a single chook or do smoked spag, lasagne etc just for us.

I'm pretty tempted, there's a lot to be said for the set and forget convenience. Don't have to hang around all day monitoring the temperatures and adjusting the vents.

I'm pretty tempted, there's a lot to be said for the set and forget convenience. Don't have to hang around all day monitoring the temperatures and adjusting the vents.
Oh man, more than that too. It turned Smoking something from a special thing, to "I wonder what this is like smoked" cause its ready in 15 minutes and turns off just as fast.

We do smoked dinners all the time. Get home 4:30, smoker on and whack a chook in. It's brilliant.

Latest posts

Back