Quantcast

Importing yeast from USA

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

lael

Well-Known Member
Joined
30/8/12
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
570
I've got someone in the USA willing to bring me some stuff. Was thinking about getting some yeast strains that I can't find here such as pacman - want to clone rogue's chocolate stout.

any comments on viability through transport?

any recommendations on other strains to bring in?
 

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Joined
30/1/05
Messages
6,167
Reaction score
784
pacman is avalible here mhb has it. bought one not long ago.
 

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Joined
17/5/06
Messages
4,739
Reaction score
639
Location
The Dean WA
lael said:
I've got someone in the USA willing to bring me some stuff. Was thinking about getting some yeast strains that I can't find here such as pacman - want to clone rogue's chocolate stout.

any comments on viability through transport?

any recommendations on other strains to bring in?
They will be seasonal if they are not on the regulars list, so either way they will all be available here and the US at the same time.
Transport wont be that difficult as long as its kept cold.
You will only save a few sheckles.
Nev
 

lael

Well-Known Member
Joined
30/8/12
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
570
barls said:
pacman is avalible here mhb has it. bought one not long ago.
thanks! I looked at a few - is there a list of homebrew stores / links somewhere on here?
 

lael

Well-Known Member
Joined
30/8/12
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
570
Gryphon Brewing said:
They will be seasonal if they are not on the regulars list, so either way they will all be available here and the US at the same time.
Transport wont be that difficult as long as its kept cold.
You will only save a few sheckles.
Nev
Ah - that makes more sense now. Thanks!
 

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Joined
3/1/11
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
49
lael said:
thanks! I looked at a few - is there a list of homebrew stores / links somewhere on here?
Do a search for the member's name or find a post they did. Most, if not all, of the retailers will have a link to their business in their signature somewhere. There are also sponsor links at the top of the page but I am guessing you already knew that ;)

Alternatively go to the Retail Shop forum.

Or you can click here for a list http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/11008-list-of-retailers/ Note, this list is probably in need of an update as there are others around.
 

Latest posts

Top