Imperial yeast rustic ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
So I need to order a few bits pieces. New biab bag and some other small stuff.

Was thinking of doing a saison next as it’s been 6 months since my last one and one of the online stores I use stocks imperial yeast. They just got a delivery of the rustic saison yeast.

So thinking of grabbing one. Haven’t heard much about them. Anyone used the rustic or another one ?

no one eh.

so I bought it , brewed Saturday and pitched the rustic yesterday .

Pitched cold like the instructions said and i had krausen and bubbling 9 hours after pitching . its going ape shit

Hi Mongey,

What temp did you ferment at, ambient or heated? MoreBeer's website says 20-27. Did it come out estery or phenolic? I'm not a fan of phenolics, I like esters though.

MoreBeer also says it is equivalent to Wy3726. I have notes from a couple of years ago when I was researching, which put Wy3726 at the top of the list of favourite saison yeasts.

Hi Mongey,

What temp did you ferment at, ambient or heated? MoreBeer's website says 20-27. Did it come out estery or phenolic? I'm not a fan of phenolics, I like esters though.

MoreBeer also says it is equivalent to Wy3726. I have notes from a couple of years ago when I was researching, which put Wy3726 at the top of the list of favourite saison yeasts.
I went for the high end , like I do with all Saisons so say 27.

flavour wise it was pretty neutral and tart. More estery for sure. I had a shit work day yesterday and had pounded a few beers. So my flavor detection may be a little off.

That doesn't sound too bad. People on other forums which I checked, were saying it was best consumed fresh. Looks like a good yeast to use if one is in a hurry.

so to close it off this finished at 1004 .so it was basically done in 3 days

Latest posts

Back