Imperial Ipa / Double Ipa Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3GumsBrewing

Reaction score
Hi All,

This might be a bit out there but I reckon apart from Murray's Icon 2IPA and those of us who are lucky enough to head over to the west coast of America there are not that many examples of my favorite beer style - the Double/Imperial IPA here in Aus.

I have a fresh Pliny the Elder clone on tap at the moment created using Jamil's Brewing Classic Styles book. I think it is great, but is it really? <_<

I thought maybe if anyone wanted to do a small swap, just so we can have a go at trying each others examples of a home brewed D/IIPA and perhaps find the holy grail of this wonderful hoppy style.

Let me know if you would be interested, I have about 17L left that I can bottle and share.

(***Braaaaap**) Burping Hops is Tops!!

Cheers
DK :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm Double IPA.

Made one last year with American hops (Amarillo, Cascade, Chinook, Tomahawk). Hopburst them and worked it about to be somewhere near 110 IBU's. Not an easy beer to drink, but its definately mellowed over the course of 9 months or so.

Still have quite a few bottles of it actually. 330ml bottles though.

Latest posts

Back