Immersion Element Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzer

Reaction score
Quick question regarding a 2400w immersion element. If i hang it off the side of my pot it will be touching the side walls. Is this an issue? (stainless pot)
Should I be finding a way to hang it over the middle?

Which element?

If grimwood style, I hang it over the side but it doesn't touch the pot. Wouldn't get freaked out if it did but would prefer it to hang in wort.

Mine has a little hanging bar at the back and I have ocassionally used a keg spear to span the kettle as a hanging bar.

Might want to ensure your pot is earthed though, if the immersion heater doesn't have an earth pin.

yeah it has a hook to hang it, but this does not stop it resting against the side.Just worried about overheating a small section of the pot wall.

Not sure which style ill have to take a pic.

Well I hang mine in a aluminium pot and it touches the side, I can't remember what I was saying but it seems ok ;)

haha okay, well I'll put it on tomorrow test it out then.

If you are worried about safety. Maybe make sure you have earth leakage protection in your house. Alternatively get a plug in earth leakage protector from bunnings for about $30.

Earth Leakage Protector? Is this the same as a Residual Current Device?

Latest posts

Back