• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Immersion Chiller For Sale, Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffd

Reaction score
Hi folks I'm looking to sell this immersion chiller or swap it for a traditional single directional chiller thats in decent condition.

It's working fine & am happy to offer refund guarantee. This type immersion chiller has a porous capilliary tube which water runs into & comes back between the capilliary & heat exchange surface, I also understood that it was a finned copper inner to increase heat exchange surface area, though I cant confirm this at least without cutting it open. I have a conflicting opinion that it isnt finned, so I just dont know either way.

it originally retailed at $180 but was reduced to the price of a normal chiller as the performance was only marginally better in testing than the traditional model & the price difference not justifiable.

My reason for selling: I used this chiller for the past 3 or so years with success, chilling in half an hour on quite low flow rate. I've moved house & my brewshed is supplied by the laundry taps via 25 meters of pipe, It seems the line resistance has reduced my pressure & is preventing the water from adequately pushing all the way to the end of the capilliary & hence it is not working.

I could go to the point of capping the capilliary & opening the other end, as I dont have welding experience or equipment; I'd rather avoid this if I can.

Either a straight swap for another chiller or if it's a sale I'm looking for $120 so I can go buy a new one at G&G which is $146...again, if it doesnt work on your water pressure, I'm happy to reverse transaction.

I'm not interested in plate chillers or counter flow...too much extra cleaning to my mind

IMG_1834.JPG

Cancel topic, I've just tried it in the house & appears to be fecked, must be something blocking the capilliary, have tried flushing both directions to no avail, looks like surgery will be required.

take her down the the servo and give it a blast with the air hose? just a thought..

:icon_cheers:

what about soaking it in CLR? will that damage the copper?

take her down the the servo and give it a blast with the air hose? just a thought..

I suspect the capilliary will just flatten rather than blast back any debris, interesting thought though.

Jarthy what is CLR?

its like a draino type thing.. eats away at stuff, clears blocked shower heads of calcium build up and that sort of thing.. Ive got a bottle of it floating round somewhere will see if I can find it.

Latest posts

Back