Images Sizes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiller

Reaction score
Hands up if you are NOT on ADSL or CABLE and would like a more considered approach to image sizes posted to the list??

You do not need to post a big file to the list of any image.

Use the Gimp [ Free download] Photoshop or any of the many excellent image manipulation programmes.

Basically you can scale an image to be not much larger than 50 - 90k [often much smaller] and still remain good viewable quality.

I'm on dialup and give up often waiting for a file to load.

Maybe the very computer savvy on the list can post a step by step on how to scale an image in photoshop.

Steve

Chiller,
You are not a real brewer unless you have broadband :p :ph34r: :ph34r:

Roach

Here is an example of what I mean.

And I'm not picking on Arthur.

post_8_1106812887.jpg

The original image was 685k and the scaled images was 70k

Steve

Yes fair point Steve and as you suggested in your original email it is easy to resize/scale a photo for posting on AHB and still be of acceptable quality.

As this is becoming a straw poll, I also concur.
The time images take to download is annoying, and I am on broadband.

The gallery has an AUTO sizer for pictures ...so why cant it be attached to the main forum too???

Linz said:
The gallery has an AUTO sizer for pictures ...so why cant it be attached to the main forum too???
That's it Linz !

Why not ??

May be a board option that dane can configure. I would be fine with it just refusing to accept anything over 100k. If you want to ppost hi-res pics do it in the gallery.

I have broadband but it still gets out of hand when you get 3 or four of these in one thread.

my 2c

I am on slow dialup, and some of those pictures are really way over the top in file size.

If ADSL users are complaining, the dialups are really suffering.

Once you sort out the AHB image post sizes, could you please get the ebay sellers to shrink their image sizes.

Latest posts

Back