I'm In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopdog

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in Melbourne for the day, flying out at 6. Just wanting to know what I should do for the day. Any breweries close buy or anything else that might tickle the fanny?

Sure but use the search function, because by the time everyone replies you'll be back home, there are multiple 'What to do in Melbourne' threads with lots of info.

Hey guys I'm in Melbourne for the day, flying out at 6. Just wanting to know what I should do for the day. Any breweries close buy or anything else that might tickle the fanny?

Where in Melbourne?

In the CBD... check out Beer DeLuxe, Mrs. Parma's, Young & Jackson's, James Squire's/Portland Hotel... that should tie you up for day.

Start at Beer deluxe in fed square then head up to Mrs parmas at the top of little bourke st for aussie micros and a decent parma.

There's quite a few more places if you want to pub hop but I'm guessing with limited time, you might want a comfy chair.

Otherwise jump on a number 1 tram from swanston st and get off at the corner of lygon and weston streets. Go right about 10 metres and there is Temple Brewery.

Good food, good beer, good view of the brewery, good people.

Otherwise jump on a number 1 tram from swanston st and get off at the corner of lygon and weston streets. Go right about 10 metres and there is Temple Brewery.

Good food, good beer, good view of the brewery, good people.
The head chef has changed... menu isn't anywhere near as tempting as what it once was, sadly. Gone is the chili, gone are the homemade fries... at least the Black IPA and Stout are still good though!

And the esb, buckwheat beer, smoked weizen and saison etc.

To be honest, not yet had a bad beer from Temple.

Ended up just having a walk around and now chillin at y&j.
Thanks fellas

better off @ Beer DeLuxe than Transport, imho... they have some nice dark beers on right now

Back