I'm drinking less!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meathead

Reaction score
Now that I've taken up home brewing, and brewing beers that have more flavour than the magaswill I used to drink, I find I am drinking less, especially during the week.
I had the first stubbie of my SNPA clone last night and it was terriffic but one was enough. In the past I would knock over 4 Crownies on a school night without blinking.

Anyone else experience this?

Yep, same here, I tend to take longer to drink my pint too, savouring the flavour I guess ;)

Peering into my crystal ball, meathead posts in the future:
  • Wanted: more long neck bottles... about 60 will do for now
  • Kegging is it worth it? Sick of priming with sugar
  • WOW - bulk priming is awesome!
  • Wanted: 15 kegs to 'condition' awesome beer
  • Hoppy beers dont stay hoppy long - need to drink faster
  • How long do your kegs last?
  • Wanted: 2 more fridges
  • Has your power bill gone up?
  • Are bunnings water containers good for fermenters?
  • Is all grain worth the effort?
  • Home brewing has taken over my kitchen and garage - help!
  • LOL
It's a slippery slope this brewing stuff :)

I now drink less of the one beer at a time...instead of drinking a 6 pack of one beer, I end up getting 6 different beers and drinking them all :lol:

I would rather drink 1 SNPA clone than a sixer of Crownies. But I would rather drink 6 SNPA clones than 1 SNPA clone.

Yes, quality over quantity, but when the quality is good, the quantity starts to inevitably creep up...

Cube said:
Peering into my crystal ball, meathead posts in the future:
  • Wanted: more long neck bottles... about 60 will do for now
  • Kegging is it worth it? Sick of priming with sugar
  • WOW - bulk priming is awesome!
  • Wanted: 15 kegs to 'condition' awesome beer
  • Hoppy beers dont stay hoppy long - need to drink faster
  • How long do your kegs last?
  • Wanted: 2 more fridges
  • Has your power bill gone up?
  • Are bunnings water containers good for fermenters?
  • Is all grain worth the effort?
  • Home brewing has taken over my kitchen and garage - help!
  • LOL
It's a slippery slope this brewing stuff :)
Hilarious

Bottles got 200
Kegging got 4
Priming got drops
Bunnings fermenters got 1
About to do first BIAB
garage chockers

You forgot - need help with force carbonation, Have i ruined my beer, pouring foam help, Co2 leak, and is this recipe any good?

I'm still like a kid in a candy store when pouring my beers, especially now I've got Perlicks.

"Just one more pint to make sure it's still pouring well.............OK, maybe just one more........and so on"

Ive found you can easily drink more than you realize when drinking from kegs. Especially when drinking in pints or schooners as you easily forget that they hold a lot more than a bottle.
Not drinking any less but definitely drinking better as far as quality goes.

I'm the opposite but I have the same endpoint?!
I used to hate megaswill beer and maybe have a Belgian or a Little Creatures once a month.
Now I have a 8 keg chesty and a Braumeister and drink at least one glass a night. I could drink 4-6 glasses a night, but working in health I know better.

I try so hard to only have a couple of glasses a night, but with about 50L of beer in the garage it really difficult. At least with store bought beer I'd get down to my last few and have to wait until payday.

For the last few brews, well about 10 now, I've been making them at 3.4% not full strength. The only difference for me is less alc. Taste wise I cannot find a difference so I *can* have a few more and not have the iPhone app showing me sad faces and ambulances on my alc intake progress. HA!

Cube said:
For the last few brews, well about 10 now, I've been making them at 3.4% not full strength. The only difference for me is less alc. Taste wise I cannot find a difference so I *can* have a few more and not have the iPhone app showing me sad faces and ambulances on my alc intake progress. HA!
Haha what app is that!

Heck it's beer o'clock, what am I doing sitting here. I'll probably have three or four pints of lager.

after preloading on Aldi cider first :ph34r:

I'd drink more but I'm starting to develop a bit of a gut! The 60 something bottles of stout I've got conditioning are not going to help :(

Back