I'm back!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing_Brad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, after a 5 year hiatus I'm back - I'm surprised I remembered my log in details!

I pulled the old fermenters out of the storage locker last weekend and threw in a can of Coopers just for the hell of it. It's good to hear the old 'bloop bloop' again after such a long time.

One little surprise we had when we emptied out the storage locker was discovering 8 bottles of JAO Mead that we had locked away. 5 years of aging has made it taste bloody incredible! I don't think it's any surprise that a few days after opening the 1st bottle we had a thunder storm. I think Thor himself wanted a taste, it was that good!

Anyway, just a quick one by way of a re-introduction of sorts. Now that I've got my equipment back, I think we'll be hearing more of each other.

Cheers,
Brad

Five years of ageing.. I'm jealous. Got two JAOM batches only one month in.

Think about replacing those fermenters, maybe with these

Welcome back.

• BIAB is now mainstream.
  • We all now ferment in stainless steel anti gravity vessels that float up to the bench at kegging and bottling time.
  • It's finally been confirmed that no chill does not give you tetanus.
  • The_new_darren, bum and a couple of others are no more.
  • Oh dear you mentioned airlocks :lol:

Happy brewing

Welcome back.

Is 5 years pre kittens?

Bribie G said:
Welcome back.

• BIAB is now mainstream.
  • We all now ferment in stainless steel anti gravity vessels that float up to the bench at kegging and bottling time.
  • It's finally been confirmed that no chill does not give you tetanus.
  • The_new_darren, bum and a couple of others are no more.
  • Oh dear you mentioned airlocks :lol:

Happy brewing
I've been watching the BIAB boom over the years. I see you can now buy all in one electrical systems that just blow my mind! Like this monstrosity...I want one!
3in1_98719298-0064-4d8b-8c2c-6c9160eed1ef.jpg

Our beers must have been sooooo shit 5 years ago, before stainless fermenters, conicals and oxygen kits.

bradsbrew said:
Our beers must have been sooooo shit 5 years ago, before stainless fermenters, conicals and oxygen kits.
I disagree...but that stuff has become a lot cheaper

But as they say, bling wont make good beer without knowing how to brew first in a bucket

Ducatiboy stu said:
I disagree...but that stuff has become a lot cheaper

But as they say, bling wont make good beer without knowing how to brew first in a bucket
Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at. Was just looking through the thread for a brewday at Chappo's in 2009 - the only bit of bling I had then was a good glass thermometer.

bradsbrew said:
Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at. Was just looking through the thread for a brewday at Chappo's in 2009 - the only bit of bling I had then was a good glass thermometer.
You need to get out more

Latest posts

Back