Ikea l Ljus & l Mrk Lagers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't get it in Qld, because our Government seems to think they're actually curbing drinking habits by being restrictive.

Can't get beer in Supermarket - yep, that's going to save the local bum - who drinks metho or cheap scotch in the park before passing out on the bench in a pile of his own puke and faeces. And it will definitely save all those people in the city paying $10 a pint and getting stupid - yeah, it'll save them, because they would be the ones taking their IKEA beer to the pub, hey?

And by making mid strength the only drink of choice at the footy, they've stopped drunk people, absolutely. Just ask all those Reds supporters who were wandering along Milton Road, drinking cans of beer and premix on the way to the Rugby Union. They won't get drunk, because Suncorp will serve them midstrength.

And it absolutely stops anyone getting drunk at the Footy and no-one charges up before entering the ground to save money - no, the Government are so smart and took that into account as well.

Man, I wish I lived in Victoria sometimes. They had Dan's first, their IKEA will get beer (eventually) and their ALDI already does.

WA is the same (probably worse). They are calling to ban taverns at Universities now. How boring is life going to be for our kids in the next few years.

Instead of banning taverns all together, they should just ban them from selling macro swill for 8 buck jugs.

Won't get it in Qld, because our Government seems to think they're actually curbing drinking habits by being restrictive.

Can't get beer in Supermarket - yep, that's going to save the local bum - who drinks metho or cheap scotch in the park before passing out on the bench in a pile of his own puke and faeces.

Man, I wish I lived in Victoria sometimes. They had Dan's first, their IKEA will get beer (eventually) and their ALDI already does.

Actually it was a well intentioned law aimed not at stopping people from getting grog but stopping the supermarkets from dominating the take-away industry. Thus a law was created that in order to have a bottle shop in QLD you must have a General (hotel) License. No stand-alone or supermarket off-premise license. The industry was largely behind it and it appeared to work at first until Woolies and Coles scatched their chins and said ...." hmmm stuff ya's then. We'll just buy up heaps of pubs for their off premise license ability" ... and so they did... and it changed the hotel industry nationwide and the bottleshop business in QLD

You can get full-strength at The Gabba. Admittedly, it IS Carlton Draught, and it's a stupid price, but at least the German Club is a short 50m stumble from gate 4 ;)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back