Iipa Final Gravity

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
Got a IIPA (black) on the go and its just about time to transfer to kegs. Problem is it started at 1.102 and is now 1.024. I don't think im going to get much more out of the 1272 I used and I did add dextrose at 1.030 so the yeast would eat all the hard stuff first then Polish off the dex and finish dryish. It's at 77% attenuation now but im wondering if the bitterness is going to balance out the malt sweetness at 1.024? It will be around 9.5% now.
I know it's out of style and really big and may not work out but would really like to save this one.
Cheers

Tri-centenial Imperial IBA
Author:

BJCP: Imperial IPA
Type: Partial Mash
Original recipe was OG-1.096 and FG-1.021
My recipe is-
OG-1.102
FG-1.018 (supposed to be)

Total for 1.0 batch:
9.4 kg Maris Otter Pale Ale Malt
3.3 kg CBW Pilsen Light Powder (Dry Malt Extract)
0.8 kg Carared
1.0 kg Corn Sugar
0.5 kg Chocolate Malt
0.2 kg Roasted Barley
0.29 kg Carafa Special TYPE III(debittered black)
338.35 g Centennial (10.5%)
201.32 g Centennial (10.0%)

IBU- 100

warm it up, stir it up, do anything to get it down a few more points. I think it'll be pretty good how it is, but it will get a lot lot better with each extra point you can get it down.

warm it up, stir it up, do anything to get it down a few more points. I think it'll be pretty good how it is, but it will get a lot lot better with each extra point you can get it down.
She's at 22 degrees now and I gave it a swirl 2 days ago so I'll give it another swirl maybe even rack to a secondary (although im against it) and just have to see how it goes.

cheers

Pitch a lager strain, our even 3711. I think your yeast has done it's job.

Latest posts

Back