Idra Pump Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Reaction score
Hi,

Thinking about getting the Idra pump (and I have read about the March pump), but am unsure about fittings for it. It takes 20mm tubing, and I am using 12.5mm tubing which fits all my fittings etc..

Can I easily adapt this 20mm to 12.5mm? Or, would the smaller Nova pump do the job (moving wort from tun to kettle at same height) which has a 12.5mm fitting? It doesn't really matter about the pump output, I can use 20mm tubing there, but the input will be running from the tun.

Thanks,

sam

without being much help, i use the IDRA and it pumps huge volume, i have the boiler higher and it pumps upto it fine, and i have a ball valve to slow it right down. Therefore i would imagin the smaller pump to be ok, and i have thought about getting one also.

note: keep the pump in a small bath of cool water or it cuts out (over heats)

Ben

Has anyone used a smaller pump successfully?

The stats on the Nova are:

Maximum LPH: 800
Minimum LPH: 200
Max pumping height: 1.6m

$40 + 9 shipping, and I haven't looked around yet.

Could I use this thing successfully? I am only using it for short recirulation period then pumping from tun to kettle on same level.

If this is up to the job, then I'll take it.

Sam

Sam,

I haven't used either, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
The only differences to the IRDA are the flow rates, max head and fitting size.
The flow rate you would be controlling with an output valve, the head would have to correspond to your system, and the fitting size is what you want.
I'd give it a go.

Beers,
Doc

Back