Idle Time Consumed With Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
As a number of you guys know I have temperature logging to an SQL database that I wrote an Web/PHP front end for to query and graph the data. The majority done in work time when things were a bit slow. See topic here.

Well as some idle time came my way again at work so I've written an RSS feed for my temperature data.

Here is a screenshot

rssscreenshot.JPG

So what have you guys done related to brewing on company time ?
I guess Timmy built his mill on work time ?
Bigd and Batz I'd imagine have done quite a bit of extra time in the workshop on nightshift :p

Beers,
Doc

I made my manifold in work time :ph34r:

Also as a result of enjoying some brews I've had to recover during work time as well :D .

C&B
TDA

i use the time to read and look at recipes etc.

also use the time to order grains etc

I'm working on a project with a customer at the moment (new project just started so a little slow).
Anyway I'm mapping their network infrastructure today and I keep stumbling over a location in Germany (Freising). Keep thinking that sounds familiar.
Did a search and found that of couse, that is where Weihenstephan is.
Now I've got to get creative on how I can get there for a site visit :D

I almost pulled off a conference in Munich a couple of years ago that started after the opening weekend of Oktoberfest :rolleyes: Unfortunately it came at a time when the IT industry hit the cut-back mode and conferences in Europe were considered to extravagant :angry:

Doc

I only ever slave away while I'm at work. Its immoral to use the company's time for anything other that good productivity.

get back to work you bludgers :lol: :lol:

I'm going around the corner to the JS brewpub for a porter.
Make that a pint.

cheers

As I don't have a computer at home, all my fraternising with you blokes is done on company time :unsure:

I also do all my recipe formulation, beer style/brewing methodology/beer culture research, book purchasing, etc from work. I'm in deep shit when someone checks my web log :(

Hi, my name's Snow and I'm addicted to brewing..... :huh:

Been there Snow, and had that done to me..... I can only browse during lunch now.... And I still get comments directed at me. Oh let the market pick up....

I'm a good boy at work, it's all work, work work. None of this bludging stuff.

University, however, is another matter. Got a computer practical? That's three hours to look at beer stuff!

I built my grain mill and manifold in work time when it was quiet. I have a few projects that will also be done there be it in my time or theirs :rolleyes:

-did most of the work on my copper manifold at work
-do plenty of reading (HB for dummies, complete joy of HB)
-some recipe "fiddling" on promash. which is of course a big no-no as i installed the program on the work computer.
-and of course checking up on you guys every now and then.
joe

made my stainless steel hopper at work and the steel base plate also welded up me keg to with a mig with stainless wire in it

My home time is too important to be wasting time on the computer talking about beer, so 99% of my AHB forum time is at work. The boss would go ape shit if he found out.

Another idle hour at work this arvo in the heat and most people had left early, so I wrote a WAP page for my internal brew site that updates every half hour.
So now even when I'm not connected to the internet to get the RSS updates or access the web page I can use the WAP browser on my phone to get the lastest temps. Topped 40 degrees in my shed today but my trusty chest freezer was sitting nicely at 17.5.

Beers,
Doc

revised post, didn't read right first time, probably still doen't :unsure:

Wow Doc that is so cool. Helldesk is not as much fun as development :(.

Although the odd tasting oportunity can arise. Red Stripe and Pilsner Uqwell (sp?), Rooftop Red Lager today :). Red Stripe was a waste of money, much like any other megaswill. A barman asked what I thought of the Red Stripe and I blurted that "it was shit" :blink: , then complimented the Pilsner as top of the range. It is nice, but I bet it tastes best fresh :).

The Rooftop Red Lager (matila bay) was good, malty with a nice bitter finish, a new bar opened tonight on our street, so we drop in for a look, standard bar but with the Rooftop on tap. Will be dropping past for glass of this again, it is on the way home by foot :)

Because we work with a lot with contractors, mainly from the British Isles, you get their beer taste input. The keen beer drinkers are disappointed with the taste of the European beers served in Australia but like the local micros and homebrew :) It must be the transportation of the European brews.

Had a look at the BeerXML project that Doc has posted about, that is really interesting, seems the way to go. I've started to be involved in project at work that requires XML. Brewtimer should really be XML based to be useful to as many as possible. ;) Might find a bit of time in the near future :) If you have already parsed the Promash exports seems no point in trying to reinvent the wheel. However importing the XML seems good with a special import for Promash. :blink: :)

:lol: :lol: well while you comp savvy guys are getting sore finger tips im thanking you for the post as it reminds me to get back onto the stainless steel trail at :ph34r: .ive a new brewery to build in the new year and ive got to start sourcing and accumulating the required bits.the stainless bower bird is in action once again.not that i stopped but my mind did drift wayward for awhile ;)

cheers
big d

xmas spirit jleske.neither mean nor nice. ;) :lol:

Back