I want to get elected!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3:freedom isn't free.
It costs 10-15k Us$ *plp for these third world countries that can afford that aren't being prosecuted they are under an economic need to change countries. As Aussies we don't have a moral need to take anyone that's global nonsense.

*People From these third world countries.

Scooby Tha Newbie said:
3:freedom isn't free.
It costs 10-15k Us$ plp for these third world countries that can afford that aren't being prosecuted they are under an economic need to change countries. As Aussies we don't have a moral need to take anyone that's global nonsense.
You must be one of the 'peers' Bum was talking about.

..or possibly Ducati Stu and myself..

Gryphon Brewing said:
Not pointing fingers, just wonder how they could conceive a plan so evil and go through with it.
It really did change the way people thought about what war was, enter weapons of mass destruction.
Can wait to see what we come up with next ??
Nev
+1

If only the money that has been spent and continues to be spent on weaponry, where instead used for the betterment of man. I believe the world would be a whole lot nicer place. Unfortunately all too late now.

Batz

I often think that it'd be great if there was a proper free education system that included university and tafe for everyone. Thinking that if everyone was a bit smarter, would the world be a better place? But you know I'm not sure it would, some people would still choose not to be educated and make bad decisions that impact on others as they do now. Over to a man smarterer than I.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Bridges said:
I often think that it'd be great if there was a proper free education system that included university and tafe for everyone. Thinking that if everyone was a bit smarter, would the world be a better place? But you know I'm not sure it would, some people would still choose not to be educated and make bad decisions that impact on others as they do now. Over to a man smarterer than I.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
What happened in the early 70's and free uni studies?

So you are saying that good education should only be available to those that afford it

No, I think he's saying unis like to exist.

But his point is kinda bullshitty. Governments have more than enough money to cover the education sector. They just prefer other things because the community gives zero fucks about education.

Ducatiboy stu said:
So you are saying that good education should only be available to those that afford it
huh, what's to afford? HECS-HELP? Sure you end up with a fuckoff debt at the end of it, but who thinks about that. I didn't, and I've just finished paying off two unfinished degrees from over a decade ago. Now I'm studying part time (while working full time) and paying for it up front, almost as a self imposed incentive to bloody finish this time. I can only speak for myself but if it were "free" I'd take it for granted and be a uni bum for life.

As a current postgrad, I have no problem with the current hecs/help system. You don't need money upfront, and you don't need to pay back your subsidised loan until you're making 50K plus.

It would be nice if they kept the reduced fees for national priority bands though. PhD's would also be more obtainable to people of all socioeconomic backgrounds if they were recognised by centrelink also I guess.

Edit: awkward spelling mistake

Having been a slave to HECS in the mid 90s and whatever it is called today I have a problem with how it is now.

It's kinda shitty and rip-offy now.

My missus studied in the States and my degree will cost about the same as hers.

just like the big guys.

Where are the small brewery policies?

I want social policy that is both GU and GU:BU based - less tax the further from the median.

So what's your feeling about the whole thing now, Fish? Obviously, your stated aim was not to win a seat so not having "won" isn't really worth going into. Do you think you achieved what you set out to do? Would you do it again?

well if you have money and a team behind then **** yeah you are going to make alot of noise. When you are working 45 hours and raising four kids and no spare usuable money plus being on the other side of the state its harder. the internet is the way to go. if you use it wisely and promote yourself well people will listen. Look at clive palmer threw a huge pile and got elected. has a few seats in the senate too.

I had some of my poster vandalise because they didn't like the "vote 1 Stop the Greens". So i pissed someone off.

The minor parties need to get there shit together and peference accordingly without infighting. The S+F party had STG in there sights due to David LEyenhjolm being the treasurer. He is an LDP candidate in NSW.

I took so far 0.16% of the votes and yeah i got people to vote below the line and make there vote count and mean something. But that 0.16% that saved taxpayers money from going to those who don't need it. Will see how many votes i actually got and

Will i try again? maybe? do things differently yeap. get the policies to be explained better then a 5 word statement and a youtube video. Definitely promote myself better and not resort to dirty stuff.

Worse thing was the fishing mags all have the main fishing group in there pockets and ears.

To top it all off from all the websites i got involved with AHB.com provide the most discussion and why do this and why do that. Most of them where about a dozen replies no challenge or questions. SO fisherman are very frustrating.

Atm only 125 000 votes in W.A. have been counted so no idea on how many i have taken from the majors, the major minor parties and got for the ORP.

I may disagree with the premise of the party but good on you for having a crack. Pinching some of the primary vote off the big two and encouraging your supporters to vote below the line can only be a good thing.

Good on you for having a crack at it, fish. That would take balls to put yourself and your beliefs out there for public scrutiny.

Back