I want to get elected!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard an interview with a QLD senate candidate from ORP on RN on the way home tonight. He did really well (I love Waleed Ali's passive aggressive interviewing style, I almost feel sorry for Shadow Defence minister who was on earlier) until:

1- Waleed asked why his party's president was also the DLP's president.......which sounds dodgy enough considering the ORPs preferences swinging that way........and old mate replying "I don't know, perhaps you could tell me Waleed?" or something similar.

2- Oldmate stating he'd never really been interested in politics until he was approached to run for the senate, and after 57 years he thought it was time (or something similar).

Also had a squizz at the ORPs website and checked out the policies, which are really just a bunch of statements, not policies as such. There's no depth there other than "We believe........."

Good luck any way Fish........Your mob won't be high up on my senate ticket but kudos for putting yourself out there for something you believe in.

Which is why we have the freedom to be able to run for a parliamentry seat regardless of who we are.

Anyone can run..and it doesnt get much better than thst

I want to get elect-rocut-ed. for three weeks or so, anything I touch zaps me. I can't touch a filing cabinet or a car door without a zing. Touching someone else's laptop with an alloy case gave me a massive zing. Closing the car door is hell. Picking up copies from top of the filing cabinet is accompanied by apprehension. Seriously, I'm sick of it!

Maybe you're due for a holiday, sounds like you're dragging your feet. :)

practicalfool said:
I want to get elect-rocut-ed. for three weeks or so, anything I touch zaps me. I can't touch a filing cabinet or a car door without a zing. Touching someone else's laptop with an alloy case gave me a massive zing. Closing the car door is hell. Picking up copies from top of the filing cabinet is accompanied by apprehension. Seriously, I'm sick of it!
I want.to write a responce to this is in EBCDIC..

Because ASCII would never make sense

Ducatiboy stu said:
@Dave70. I have the same issues as motorcyclist. You will allways get one dickhead spoiling it for the majority. Every time I see a bike doing 400mph, pulling monoes or riding in thongs and shorts I feel like pulling them aside and pointing out that they are ******* it up for the rest of us. Unfortunatly it will never work as these type of citizens just DGAF.

How am i ******* anything up for you by riding to the shop in thongs and shorts?

jlm said:
Heard an interview with a QLD senate candidate from ORP on RN on the way home tonight. He did really well (I love Waleed Ali's passive aggressive interviewing style, I almost feel sorry for Shadow Defence minister who was on earlier) until:

1- Waleed asked why his party's president was also the DLP's president.......which sounds dodgy enough considering the ORPs preferences swinging that way........and old mate replying "I don't know, perhaps you could tell me Waleed?" or something similar.

2- Oldmate stating he'd never really been interested in politics until he was approached to run for the senate, and after 57 years he thought it was time (or something similar).

Also had a squizz at the ORPs website and checked out the policies, which are really just a bunch of statements, not policies as such. There's no depth there other than "We believe........."

Good luck any way Fish........Your mob won't be high up on my senate ticket but kudos for putting yourself out there for something you believe in.

That was roothy

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/2013/08/rnd_20130827_1837.mp3

i haven't listened to yet but i will. Nightshift for me oh yeah!!

The policy as statements and the we believe thing must be looked at for the next election. Most of those posted on the sight are for the NSW state election...

10 days to go!

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well sorry for labelling you a dickhead directly but I labellel any motorcyclist who rides in thong ( especially ) and shorts dickheads. I have known a few ridders who have come off becsause their thongs got caught up in brake/clutch levers.

And I dont do that shit you where carrying on about. Those fuckwits are another reason why the gov had a set against motorcyclist

Regardless of how bulletproof or great a ridder you think you are...it doesnt take much to come off and get seriously hurt.

Half arsed apology half arse accepted. There are many ways to come off a bike, having laces on your sportshoes tangled in brake/gear levers would usually result in you pulling in the clutch with your left hand and stopping the bike with your right hand. I've never had thongs tangled in them and fail to see how it could happen.

I do see if you have your thong tangled in your clutch lever how it could cause an accident though, considering the clutch is on the handlebars.

What i don't see is what difference it makes in a 50 zone coming off in shorts or long pants? Besides a little extra gravel rash.
Or for that matter workboots, joggers or whatever else someone might wear while riding a bike to work to thongs? Besides a little gravel rash or a broken/lost toe?

So you have that big sportsbike and have never put it through it's paces eh? May as well have bought a stepthrough then.

I call bullshit and hypocrite.

Yeah..you got me on the clutch bit....dooh..

Sure...I have put my bike thru its paces....but not in the manner your stated.

Yes laces are also an issue. Just because you havnt had your thong caught up doesnt mean it cant and wont happen.......well not on a stepthru..

punkin said:
So you have that big sportsbike and have never put it through it's paces eh?
True, tis sacrilege..

http://youtu.be/iqlxRLxUF4U

I just figure it wise not to judge others when it has no effect on me.

Gryphon Brewing said:
I always though it wise not to discuss politics and religion, I have now added motor cycle riding to the list. :p
Nev
And anything to do with yeast

I think the issue Stu is more on about is public perception and stereotypes. You might be able to handle a bike like Mick Doohan but the caller who rings John laws to complain that they have just seen some irresponsible git on a motorbike in shorts and thongs doesn't know that.

Look back to the start of this thread. Your a fisherman??? every bad image of fisherman came out. Bloody environmental vandals who roar around in 4x4s throwing cans and shooting stuff.
Sure some dickheads do this but they are the minority and give others who care about their surroundings a bad name.
Same with the bike thing. The public already has a negative perception of MC riders they don't need their views encouraged unless you want a whole mess of PPE to become mandatory.
Public perception is a big thing and is why I am so pissed about marine parks. We don't NEED them but public perception says otherwise.
Views that have been hatched and nurtured for a long time by foreign interests.
Some sanctuary zones are actually a good idea but the whole shebang has been dictated via an overseas interest and local/regional concerns have been largely ignored so I am now against the whole lot.

Kaiser Soze said:
That's an oversimplified, one-sided argument. I don't think that you can say that the Greens are ignorant and uninformed if they raise alternative viewpoints like:

Nukes = uranium mining, radioactive waste, Chernobyl, Fukushima
GMO = increased herbicide use, Monsanto, unproven health risks

Edit: removed dig at Dave

Sorry but I find it hard to believe people can stand against Nuclear energy as the most viable INTERIM energy source to reduce global emissions whilst meeting increasing energy demand, allowing time for renewables to develop and eventually take over all energy sources for us to be self sufficient across the globe going forward.

Before climate change "de-railers" step in, I'm talking reducing global emissions in a sense that how can it hurt? There will be jobs created and people in existing fossil fuel industries can jump on board renewables to progress their careers.

Back to my point, weigh up all these Nuclear "disasters" with deaths that have occurred in the history of modern energy supply per energy unit created by that source and you get this:

deaths.jpg

So please don't tell me Nuclear is not viable. It is only being held back by some figment of the imagination based on movies/TV that nuclear meltdowns will threaten the globe and terrorists will obtain the uranium and make bombs (mind you, weapons grade and fuel grade uranium are practically two completely different things). For those wondering, the Coal deaths come from asthma and respiratory related diseases from coal fired plant particulate emissions.

Fukishima was a super old plant that should have probably been decommissioned, which was impacted by an extremely rare occurring natural disaster, tell me when earthquakes occur and bridges/buildings collapse, there is not a global push to stop building bridges and buildings now is there? It is all factored into engineering safety in design for what is within an acceptable risk versus the rarity of occurrence.

Latest posts

Back