I want to get elected!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What might work perhaps, is to devalue the dollar to a sensible level reflecting the real value of our economy, not the potential value of buried mineral deposits. That might encourage investors to value Australian industry as viable and the returns on investment might start matching those of more progressive economies. Of course, this should've been prepared for by skilling up the population more diversely than construction and mining as it stands atm. This might mean the government investing into tafe, unis and more intermediate training colleges encouraging young people to take up industrial work. Where I work, the place can't find enough interest in potential apprentices because it pays shit, people can make that flipping burgers or selling groceries. If we weren't so overvalued and everything priced up against mining money, maybe we can be affordable and even competitive.

PS: before mant strips one off me, I'm not an economist, engineering analyst.

Just saw the article about Justin Walker that young one was referring to. I couldn't give a rat's arse what some guy's sexual profile on a gay dating website says as long as it doesn't involve animals, children or forced sex.
Picking up guys in public spaces might be illegal - I can cope with that. His penchant for threesomes is neither relevant nor illegal. Again - which green policies are extreme? I don't like ON's policies or philosophies and I will criticise their candidates' knowledge of politics because it's entirely relevant. Who Pauline likes to shag is not. Find another windmill.

YoungOne said:
The point they have made - and it's valid - is that western liberal democracy cannot function if it allows traditions that are opposed to it to exist within it. Namely: Islam.
If 51% of the population were Muslim, they'd probably vote in a party of Muslim politicians, who might then try to challenge the democratic underpinnings of the Constitution - which would lead to referenda - which would require a lot more than 51% support.

"Please explain" to me how the 2.2% of Australians who are Islamic in any way threaten our democracy? (And then, if you do manage it, make sure you can't make the same arguments where you replace "muslim" with "religious fundamentalist of any denomination")

pyrosx said:
If 51% of the population were Muslim, they'd probably vote in a party of Muslim politicians, who might then try to challenge the democratic underpinnings of the Constitution - which would lead to referenda - which would require a lot more than 51% support.

"Please explain" to me how the 2.2% of Australians who are Islamic in any way threaten our democracy? (And then, if you do manage it, make sure you can't make the same arguments where you replace "muslim" with "religious fundamentalist of any denomination")
It's the rate of increase. In the words of the Q society:
“In 2011 Islamic community leaders estimated 700,000 Muslims living in Australia; but post-9/11, many did not disclose their religion in the 2011 census. While Australia’s general population grew by 78% in 40 years, the number of Muslims in Australia increased by over 3,500% in the same period.”

Of course.....when you start out with a group that makes up a very small % it is easy for them to increase massively. If they grow from 10 people to 100 people it will look big. But if it is within a pop of 10,000 then it isnt as big of an inctease. The larger % of the pop then the smaller their % increase of the the group will be

YoungOne said:
the number of Muslims in Australia increased by over 3,500% in the same period.”
Raw percentages don't mean anything. 10 is 1000% more than 1. Real numbers are harder to make scary, but percentages can make it look like we're all going to be living under sharia law in 10 years.

Practical fool. there are 5 million Fishers is Australia. so over 20% of the population.

there is a beautiful national park 30 minutes from and huge state decay. the road is falling away. the camping area decaying and toilet blocks vandalized and get beyond repair!

The shire can't look after it. liberals don't help because its a labor seat... how crap is this?

YoungOne said:
That's what the Greens are all about.
They're embittered middle aged intellectuals that have lost all optimism for the future
Holy shit, I wish! I would vote for the embittered middle aged intellectuals that have lost all optimism for the future party in a frickin second.

...and that's why I drink.

That's true, you need to make a facility viable before it gets any attention. Still, I hope the lunatic gun loving policies were curbed. It's a bit over the wild Australia now innit?
Good luck, if anything counts, it's YOUR intention.

PS: probably gonna sound like a hypocrite, but Muslims in particular have a way of looking at everything that makes Pauline Hanson etc sound like gentle pot smoking hippies. Btw, their philosophy of prolific baby making to islamise the world is not entirely a fairy tale. I'm not a fan. Bitten a few times in trust, of all of them I've met, 2 people. That's how many decent non bigoted Muslims I've met. I felt like running over the rest.

fish13 said:
Practical fool. there are 5 million Fishers is Australia. so over 20% of the population.

there is a beautiful national park 30 minutes from and huge state decay. the road is falling away. the camping area decaying and toilet blocks vandalized and get beyond repair!

The shire can't look after it. liberals don't help because its a labor seat... how crap is this?
Oh I see the greens went in they're and did it? More than likely they would budget it in to fix it like they have done in my local area.

One more time for the deaf.

Which actual policies of the greens are nuts? Which actual policies make them kooks?

practicalfool said:
PS: probably gonna sound like a hypocrite, but Muslims in particular have a way of looking at everything that makes Pauline Hanson etc sound like gentle pot smoking hippies. Btw, their philosophy of prolific baby making to islamise the world is not entirely a fairy tale. I'm not a fan. Bitten a few times in trust, of all of them I've met, 2 people. That's how many decent non bigoted Muslims I've met. I felt like running over the rest.
Prolific baby-making? You know Australia is about 25% Catholic, right?

practicalfool said:
Can I read about this philosophy anywhere? Is there perhaps a copy of the protocols of the elders of Islam floating around?

manticle said:
Can I read about this philosophy anywhere? Is there perhaps a copy of the protocols of the elders of Islam floating around?
Yes, try the books that set Muslim Brotherhood world view.

They want to establish a Global Sunni Caliphate. The instruction to kill all not believers stands, but they are allowed to ignore it until they are in a position to win outright. So the goal is to colonise western nations, build power and strength, and then strike. You should read: http://www.qsociety.org.au/qonjihad.pdf

The Muslim Brotherhood of course operates here in Australia openly. It's interesting that their views are intensely and dangerously radical, even against the propaganda put out about parties like one nation - yet the left wing liberals pay them 0 attention at all.

I really resent the charges of racism. I was actually a member of the Greens for many years but their behaviour both stopping me gathering food and voting against the Carbon price really pissed me off. As did organising the '99%' rallies/riots in the CBDs of Sydney and Melbourne.
It took me a long time and lot of life experience to realise that Islam is just bad news for Australia. The Greens are miopic. The idea that you can be both homosexual, or a feminist, or an environmentalist, and embrace Islam - is nuts.

Political correctness gone wrong.

manticle said:
One more time for the deaf.

Which actual policies of the greens are nuts? Which actual policies make them kooks?
Does a party having sound policies mean there are no kooks aboard? Do you think their policies aren't scrutinized heavily before being announced? If a party was to announce ludicrous policies do you think they would win votes? I'm sure there's been a party or two in history whose policies were sound, ja?

From what I've gathered politicians promise a lot of things that they don't always deliver. Sometimes it's what they don't promise that you have to worry about. The principles of the Greens is primarily protecting the environment and for this reason they (or any similar party) are very important to maintaining balance. This is the primary reason they have had such success. Who doesn't want to vote for a party that is focused on saving the planet? I know I've given them my vote when I was younger.

However, history has shown that once they've held sway in parliament they've influenced some very unpractical and poorly thought out decisions. I'm sure most of the members of the Greens are sensible people passionate about their duty. I'm sure there are also a lot of peace and mung bean loving zealots who will stop at nothing to eradicate the world of anything that disturbs their shakra. I think in the last few years people have been let down by the Greens' actions and will now be hesitant to cast their vote so readily.

Manticle, I'm probably the most unpolitical person I know and try not to involve myself with any discussions on politics but as someone who spent a lot of time working in the country I've seen the effects of poor political decisions on both the land and the people who work it. Not all of these problems were created by the Greens as such, but mainly by the mindset that these do gooders have. Don't get me wrong, we need these people representing our environment but a careful balance still needs to be maintained.

Now look what you've done. Gone and made me think bout serious stuff! I'm off to play with my beer machine and drink some piss. :beer:

Latest posts

Back