I want to get elected!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon we should start exporting whale meat think of the jobs.

I think the OP should gather his mates and party members and maybe they could have a bbq or some sort of social gathering in their natural environment. You know, minding their own business going about their daily duties...then the rest of us can drive into his backyard in our 4wd's guns blazing and shoot them while they remain defenceless. Yep, sounds good to me because killing things for fun is a god given right.

koots said:
I think the OP should gather his mates and party members and maybe they could have a bbq or some sort of social gathering in their natural environment. You know, minding their own business going about their daily duties...then the rest of us can drive into his backyard in our 4wd's guns blazing and shoot them while they remain defenceless. Yep, sounds good to me because killing things for fun is a god given right.
you must be a vegan, right?

Nope. Not even vegetarian though I do try to buy meat that is free range. I am referring to the fact that a lot of shooters don't kill for food, they kill because they like killing. Often the animal dies a slow painful death becase an amateur shooter isn't a good enough shot. I've had friends justify it by saying target practice is boring because it doesn't move. That my friends is what clay pigeons are for. Killing for food is fine. Killing for fun is fucked.

fish13 said:
Very serious. there is big push to close off the south west of w.a. to fishing. this will close off the shark fishery in the south west and the cray fishery too! Along with affecting communities that rely on the money that comes with fishing. slowing of tourism, loss of jobs.
Good on you for having a go.

However I'm not sure I like policy based just on keeping an industry going for the sake of keeping it going.
Nothing lasts for ever and money should be spent on creating the next industry to take over.
Its unfortunate jobs are initially lost but thats where support for retraining needs to be.

OzPaleAle said:
Good on you for having a go.

However I'm not sure I like policy based just on keeping an industry going for the sake of keeping it going.
Nothing lasts for ever and money should be spent on creating the next industry to take over.
Its unfortunate jobs are initially lost but thats where support for retraining needs to be.
that's true and i work for a company that is environmentally,sustainable certified. A lot of the fisheryman are too.
putting measures in place ensure they are sustainable is important.

did you know we import 80% of our seafood? what happens when those fisheries close? more pressure on others.
also we now import more food then we export.

so for those in qld think roothy is a redneck?

through better education lifestyle can only improve.

koots said:
Well that was 2min of reading bullshit that I will never get back

koots said:
Nope. Not even vegetarian though I do try to buy meat that is free range. I am referring to the fact that a lot of shooters don't kill for food, they kill because they like killing. Often the animal dies a slow painful death becase an amateur shooter isn't a good enough shot. I've had friends justify it by saying target practice is boring because it doesn't move. That my friends is what clay pigeons are for. Killing for food is fine. Killing for fun is fucked.
that's the minority. my quarry has its brain spiked and then neck slit. the spike to the brain is instant. It is then eaten within the two days. if it is a large kill its broken down into packages, vacuum sealed and labelled. i also hand some out to neighbours and family so that it doesn't go to waste.

Some of my target species start at 6kgs. everything except the entrails get eaten. the heads go to mAke soup.
all unwanted by catch is released quickly with little human contact as possible.

fish13 said:
That's right w.a. people I'm on the Senate paper as a candidate for stop the greens party.

had enough of the government banning everything we enjoy and the fun. so i put my money where my foot goes and haven taken a stand!

i hope everyone on here does the same and make the major party's take notice
Not a chance.
I just did my postal vote and did the Greens first - because I decided I would start with the lot that I hated first. Cate Faehrman (Greens NSW) - 109, Ryan, James, (Greens NSW) - 108, etc.

The Greens aren't the party of fun. They're the party of banning things.
Banning firearms, banning alcohol, banning cigarettes, banning freedom.
The only thing they don't ban are migrants and refugees.

For the first time in my life I voted One Nation... Because someone needs to stop the Green Menace.

JaxD8Uq.jpg

I'm also part of the ANSA tagging program to profile the growth and age of certain species in w.a.

The fish are mulloway, dhufish and baldchin groper. how many conservationists do this?

We import it because its cheaper, its a problem of our own creation, we carryon if we were made to take a pay cut but complain that aussie products are too expensive.
We can't compete on price so you have to be able to create a niche\specialty product that people are willing to pay for or move onto the next business venture, if we are importing 80% of our seafood then there is clearly not enough of a demand for local product.

If the OS fisheries close and there is still a local demand there will be money in local seafood so the new industry will just start up again.

we export our seafood and yet we have to import inferior quality scallops from other countries..

Oh sorry fish I just realised you're the stop the Greens party, not the Greens.
Sorry.
Good on you.

DU99 said:
we export our seafood and yet we have to import inferior quality one's from other countries..
That just shows the different markets around the world I guess, The countries we export to want quality product over price, we have a market based on price rather than quality product.
Maybe local fisheries should be gunning for the export market and take any niche local market sales as a bonus.

I did read with some amusement an article in The Age from restauranteurs blaming everything else for their troubles, including "the Masterchef effect" whre everyone just stays home and cooks fancy shit, just about fell off my chair when I read that but maybe this elusive masterchef effect will make some people seek quality product again, who knows.

bum said:
How stupid are you, exactly?
Not at all comrade.
That's what the Greens are all about.
They're embittered middle aged intellectuals that have lost all optimism for the future; who cynically manipulate young people to get them the power they crave. They hate everyone. They've lost in life and want to get revenge against those who have been successful.
If you follow their policies - they attack every source of power or authority in society - traditional family relationships, money, business, professional power, firearms, religion. Pretty much everything.
Their solution to all problems is to give the state more power.
That is, get rid of any other form of authority or power and replace it with the state, and they want to be in control of the state.

I handed out for the Greens at the last federal election because I thought they had something positive to offer. Instead they have been a disaster. Far worse than the major parties.

Look i roast my mates about over looking local seafood and products for cheaper imports. sure i unfortunately have buy import items. becauses that's where it is made.

not buying local food produce causes the imports to increase. i buy most of my food from the farmer's market as it all comes from the region but they also bring in some overseas items like garlic.

YoungOne said:
The Greens aren't the party of fun. They're the party of banning things.
Banning firearms, banning alcohol, banning cigarettes, banning freedom.
The only thing they don't ban are migrants and refugees.
1: As someone who works in health care I think cigarettes should be one of the first things banned. Ever seen someone struggling to breathe dying of lung cancer? I have and it aint pretty.
2: The reason they don't ban refugees is because as humans we have a moral obligation to help people who are fleeing from genuine persecution. What would you do if you were going to be murdered for your beliefs, your wife and daughters raped then killed while you watch and your sons tortured. I think you'd try and jump on a boat to somewhere like Australia too.
3: Freedom isn't free....

Btw i am on the W.A. paper.

The title is based on alice coopers song.

Back