I thought the water was tasting good

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Having lived in the South East Queensland water area, a drink of water was a last resort. On moving to the Mid North Coast I had a few drinks of water as opposed to beer, and thought "damn that's good".
Getting great results with the brewing as well.

Now it's official, best tasting water in NSW :chug:

I'll have to find out what the mineral content is - but it certainly tastes almost identical to my RO and the RO "waste" tastes good as drinking water. hmmmmm.

Bundy had ok water, pretty good for brewing with the exception of the chlorine. When I move out here I loved the water, it was very clean and no smell. Then they put in a stupid water treatment ready for the fluoride, and now pump it full of chlorine. Somedays the mains water stinks of chlorine worse that a spa. At least I've got a rain water tank for brewing.

Unfortunately pleasant-tasting water doesn't make up for having to live in Taree.

I remember in the 70s Bundy water was so soft they used to run it through limestone gravel at the N. Bundy treatment plant.

Edit: I don't live in Taree, it's the local "service" town about 20mins drive and is a very pleasant and convenient small city - beats the crapper out of Caboolture / Morayfield. Now Balmain... :lol:

Actually I do like Darling Street and always have five bucks spare to give to the beggars.

Heh heh I know, I lived in Taree for 15 years.
So now you understand...

Yeah let's face it I probably wouldn't live in Chatham by choice, that's why we live in Old Bar. I actually fully understand where you are coming from, when you move from a country town to the big smoke you wouldn't want to move back again, I lived in Bundy and Maryborough for 15 years and it's good to go back for a visit, but...........

Back