I think I have lost it!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibby33

Reaction score
I have a barrel without a lid. I have a lid without a barrel. They both do not match.
I am pretty sure I have all my barrels. Was going to brew tonight but can't!
1. I have lost one barrel and one lid.
2. I have placed the wrong lid on another barrel

I am sure it is the first option!

...need a beer

?

IMG_0138-480x640.jpg

lol, i think you might be serious!
Never done it, might give it a try. too late to start tonight though...

I do love the sound of the airlock though... standing in my cellar just now listening to two of them making sweet music together.

The lid is no where to be seen. That is small, might be hidden under some pine bark. The barrel. The wind may have taken it. Will buy another tomorrow. Only got five just now. Can never have to many

Found the lid. Was under some grains. I think from memory now I chucked the barrel out.
On we go...

Please explain how glad wrap is better than an airlock?
<--- off to do some research of my own :chug:

I thought that people using glad wrap were mad... until I tried it.

Glad wrap is superior because:
- it's easier to clean
- easier to put on
- allows you to have the occasional good look at you fermenting wort
- is easy to lift and re-apply when you want to dry hop
- means that you don't need an airlock

Plus it just looks cool.

I have a coopers DIY fermenter, and can't work out how to secure the glad wrap :(

You don't need to with the DIY fermenter, it doesn't have the screw on lid or an airlock. The glad wrap technique is more for the old style Coopers fermenter and similar types...

Cool. Cheers for the replies. I am going to make a ginger beer this weekend, will try it out. Been away from brewing for six years. I welcome new ideas / concepts.

I thought I had better walk the walk. My first gladwrap is fermenting now. I sware I know now what it was like for chicks in the 60's to burn their bra!!!

Back