I Think I Got Bargain...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
Was at the trash and treasure market today (imagine the works biggest car bout sale) and picked up a pump for the very nice price of $15

Model no is AC 3C MD

A far as I can find out doing a bit of googling it should be ok for brewing.

Has anyone used this pump in their rig.

No good for brewing, but I'm a nice guy so I'll give you $20 for it... B)

Seriously... You've just scored about the best pump for brewing. It's basically the 809's big brother, which for bigger sized brews would rock. Looks like it's got the Polypropylene head housing so it may not be good if you want to recirculate the boiling wort in the kettle, which I never do anyway. March are the most reliable pump for brewing I know of.

I'm soo jealous. <_<

QldKev

Have been looking at what these are worth...

Can't find the exact same model, but it looks like about $ 150 ish (if I was to but a new one)

And to think I tried to get him to accept $ 10.

Great find. Now you can build a killer HERMS system, then eventually upgrade to BIAB B) B)

Have been looking at what these are worth...

Can't find the exact same model, but it looks like about $ 150 ish (if I was to but a new one)

And to think I tried to get him to accept $ 10.

Here's a second hand one $170

As I mentioned before don't forget they are rated to 87c, so don't recirc the boil.

This will sit in the beer shed for a while though. While I accumulate other bits and pieces. Have a 25 l birko I biab in at the moment and a 50 keg to convert. Slowly but surely I will get what I need.

In the meantime I have just moved to biab, I need to get my head around that process before I build a fancy 3v system of some sort.

Latest posts

Back