I Love The Mail Man !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
especially when my hoppy smelling package turnes up.

0012592x1728.jpg

Once again...... my trusty vacuum sealer was worth its weight in gold after customs stuck every pack with a knife for a sniff.

I must say....... 2012 crop is AWSOME.

Soft, sticky and pungent!

Right, so you're the ******* that has brought all the Citra and Amarillo...... :D

What's the go with the "Belma"???

haha nice work........ I thought it would go to the 3rd post before it got asked but first poster has it :p

New variety...... just released. Even the growers dont really know what its like but it smelt great.

Pungent like Citra (Oh the Citra is soft and sticky and pungent.... :icon_drool2: ) but quite different to all of the yank hops.

Web site says:

Hops Direct, LLC and Puterbaugh Farms is excited to introduce a brand new and very unique hop of our very own. Over the past few years we have nurtured and developed a NEW hop variety "Belma" exclusively grown here at Puterbaugh Farms.

Dr. Shellhammer from OSU tested Belma and created a Pale Ale Malt. He noted the following description: A very clean hop, with a very orange, slight grapefruit, tropical (but not mango/guava, more like pineapple), strawberry, and melon. As this is a very new variety, we welcome customer feedback and encourage you to write a review.

Right, so you're the ******* that has brought all the Citra and Amarillo...... :D

I did a quick search...apparently good for saisons..but Tony would know nothing about that :lol:

This is what they had to say....
The American Saison Hop

Posted by David Sherfey on 16th Nov 2012

I used this in an malt experimental beer, for additions at 60, 30, 10 minutes to get approximately 43 boil BU in a 1.060 beer. Dryhop was 2 ounces in 5 gallons for 6 days. The boil additions yielded a very mild beer, almost nondescript. At dryhop day two, there was a hay like character, very prominent, that was completely gone by day six--replaced by a sweet orange and mixed mild fruit that is super nice.

This hop will be my go-to hop for Saisons. I don't usually make them at this time of year but may be forced to now...

Belma in American Wheat

Posted by Dale Penrose on 3rd Nov 2012

Brewed an American Wheat using Belma hops only. All additions were at 30 minutes and after. Aroma is citrussy with a nice orange scent that carries over to the flavor. This beer will be a staple at the Penrose Pub!

Ferg

Beaten B)

nice find ferg.

I have a Belgian wit planned soon....... orange.... perfect!

American wheat and Saison....... Definite candidates!

I just cant wait to hammer a AIPA with half a kilo of Citra, cascade and Centennial, and then i will dry hop it :)

Goimg to make my black RyePA with Amarillao and Columbus again too...... that was a great combo.

especially when my hoppy smelling package turnes up.

0012592x1728.jpg

Once again...... my trusty vacuum sealer was worth its weight in gold after customs stuck every pack with a knife for a sniff.

I must say....... 2012 crop is AWSOME.

Soft, sticky and pungent!
I thought this was a gay thread, you deceiver Tony :lol:
Nev

My mail man is a chick on a little red honda :p

Is that why you looked so fast ???

Back