I Have Angered The Brew Gods

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
My beer fridge is dead .... and it's all my fault.... :(

I had an opportunity to brew on thursday but let it slide because when I woke up I wasn't felling 100% and was pretty tired. So i rescheduled for today (sunday). My insolence has obvioulsy come to the attention of the brew gods and they have decided to punish me.

Had a few beers yesterday during the footy, and we then went out to take our daughter to the park. Turns out, after i poured my last beer one of my picnic faucets got jammed against the door and the beer began to flow. When we got home, there was (only) a few litres over the floor, which while annoying, wasn't the worst of it. The next time the fridge compressor went to kick in, it tripped the RCD. Cleaned it all up and tried it again ... same result. Left it till this morning .... same result.

So i now have 1.5 kegs, a brand new freshly smacked Weihenstephen yeast, 3-4 other yeast starters, and all my hops in a fridge that don't work. And I've recently bought: 50% of a beer filter, 2 Kegs, and 2 taps from the states, so the budget aint looking good for a new fridge in the next few weeks :eek:

I'm not even going to try and brew today now, I'm organising a mate to help me knock of the half keg, and will work something out about the rest.

The beer gods are righteous and vengeful.

( on the upside, when i get a new chest freezer to replace the fridge, i'll be able to duct cold air into the dead fridge for a much needed fermenting fridge)

it could be back to bottles boots like some us still do

Boots said:
My beer fridge is dead .... and it's all my fault.... :(

So i now have 1.5 kegs, a brand new freshly smacked Weihenstephen

I'm not even going to try and brew today now, I'm organising a mate to help me knock of the half keg, and will work something out about the rest.

T
[post="77843"][/post]​
Boots,
Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

As they say one brewers loss is another brewers gain. Thanks for the saving the Weihenstephen starter and donating it to the roach brewery. Ill be sure to put it to good use(and split some off for when you are up and running again).

You are welcome to a few(well maybe only a half :huh: ) of my burnt toast amber ale in the interim. This should inspire you to get back to brewing ASAP

cheers
roach

Jaz. I just don't think I could do handle all those bottles!! Good excuse to get organised and brew my christmas case stuff tho.

At least the yeast will have a good home Roach.

It's looking like the problem is the connections in a junction box where it splits the mains out to the compressor, so I may be able to salvage it..

Fingers crossed , although .... it would be nice to have a chest freezer instead ....

boots..

very sad to hear it.

Back