I Got Bored At Easter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Table is made from timber from my property.

Basicaaly went and found some off cuts and a slab

Basically planed and sanded the timber and ended up with a a table
IMAG0123.jpg
IMAG0124.jpg
IMAG0138.jpg
IMAG0143.jpg
IMAG0145.jpg
IMAG0151.jpg

That Suzuki motor bike in the background looks like it could use some love.

That Suzuki motor bike in the background looks like it could use some love.

Guilty on that one Zizzle......Its a shame the old girl is dusty, but at least I kept her....kids and life do that , she will be on the road soon actually ;)

Not much I could do about the hole, I just think of it as a feature

You could probably fill it with some sort of clear epoxy resin and still have it look good.

Nice work though :icon_cheers:

Nice. I made this over the break for my daughter's room -

IMAG0150.jpg
IMAG0148.jpg
IMAG0153.jpg
IMAG0154.jpg

Done it properly too. No nails. No screws. All cabinet maker's glue joints.

IMAG0149.jpg

Bit of decorative trim at the top and a lick of paint and its all done.

Coffee table is next on my list. I have some very nice pieces of blue gum set aside for that.

Cheers
Dave

ducatiboy stu, thats a nice table love the colours in it.
i am planing to do a coffee table later this year(got a lot on my plate for a while),i intend to use a slab of huon pine for the top which i have in the shed.
just have to find some timber for the legs that will go with the huon pine....cheers...spog......

Blue Gum slabs work really well for tables...

I did a coffee table as a warm up for my dining table;

coffeetable1.jpg

diningtable1.jpg

ducatiboy stu, thats a nice table love the colours in it.
i am planing to do a coffee table later this year(got a lot on my plate for a while),i intend to use a slab of huon pine for the top which i have in the shed.
just have to find some timber for the legs that will go with the huon pine....cheers...spog......
You could try Celery Top pine, Musk or Silver Wattle for the legs...similar colorings without the price tag of Huon or you could go for a bit of contrast and get some blackwood.

The only thing that truly goes with Huon pine is more Huon pine!!

Cheers
Chris

I did a bit of work around the house over Easter and went to the big green shed for some more loose 50mm nails. I came back with an 18 volt finishing nailer, and a box of 50mm paper collated nails. The missus was not impressed.

Her: 'But why do you need two nail guns?'
Me: 'Ahh the one I already have is a framing nail gun and this is a finishing nail gun'.
Her: (she screwed her face up and looked like she didn't buy into the logic). 'But why do you need two nail guns?'
Me: 'The other one is air powered and is for big nails. This one is battery powered and is for smaller nails'.
Her: (still not buying into it) 'But why do you need two nail guns?'
Me: 'The other one is for 90 to 50mm fat nails with big heads and this cool one here is for 32mm to 64mm skinny nails with little heads'.
Her: (realising my enthusiasm for the new tool is over riding her objection and she was probably not likely to understand what I was saying) 'I don't want to know how much it cost!'

I think she was a bit miffed because previously I had been holding things (tear dropped pine moulding going up inside the house) whilst she hammered every other nail into them, albeit whacking all around the nail too and now I could hold it and nail it myself without her assistance.
Her: 'You sure you don't need any help?'

The poor girl likes helping, feeling useful and having a sense of ownership (or a stamp of 'we did that'!) on the renovations. I think she is envious of the finishing nailer.

Er sorry this might be in the wrong thread, it would appear that none of you guys have used nails in your projects. :D
Sincerest apologies; I took this to be evolving into 'this is a wood project I did on the Easter weekend'.

On another note the FIL was talking about giving me his 32" chainsaw so I can go and cut some timber slabs. He was even talking about bringing it back via aeroplane in his luggage as he reckons without the cutter bar or chain he'd fit it in. What a champ! Mmmm, river red gum, black cypress, beefwood, mulga, red mulga, gidgea...

Malted... you are on track.... When has a thread on AHB EVER stayed on topic

Here are some pics of my Nth Coast Red Cedar Table. The top is made from a single slab.

table1.jpg
table2.jpg

If you want to know what its worth, then you cant afford it

I still have a couple more big slabs of bluegum in the shed. The real pity is that its a couple feet short of what i need to do my kitchen benches :(

I still have a couple more big slabs of bluegum in the shed. The real pity is that its a couple feet short of what i need to do my kitchen benches :(

Go a smaller kitchen bench, add extra fridge for kegs in the space remaining.

Less bench space to clean = win, Beer fridge in kitchen = double win.

Latest posts

Back