I got an stc-1000

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proffs

Reaction score
Yuss! Got my stc-1000 today. Wired it up and got two fermenters at 18.5*! Just wanted to tell someone who would understand my excitement. :D

P.S. I don't know why my photos keep coming up sideways on here...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice, I can relate to your excitement. It's awesome when you know that you don't really have to worry so much about your fermentation :)

Rotate your monitor 90deg mate

Well done

Nice ralph magnets

I used to have some of those before marriage

jaypes said:
Well done

Nice ralph magnets

I used to have some of those before marriage
Haha! My 1yr old daughter is obsessed with magnets at the moment. The mrs loves it when she comes running up to her with one of em to show her. :)

Even in the UK I can share your excitement although I would guess mine is heating more than cooling at the moment though :)

I can relate to that. I've had one for a short time (couple of months maybe), probably one of the best purchases yet for brewing. No more messing around with ice bottles before and after work in the summer, and now keeping the fermenter nice and warm on cold Autumn days/nights.

Good for carbing up bottles too, set at about 18 degrees, and leave. :)

Yeah I think your sideways photos are related to your OG. happens to me all the time.

Yep, totally understand your excitement mate. My new controller (only built it a week ago) is currently taking care of an American IPA.

gallery_21633_866_17175.jpg

gallery_21633_866_253797.jpg

Rubix said:
Yep, totally understand your excitement mate. My new controller (only built it a week ago) is currently taking care of an American IPA.

gallery_21633_866_17175.jpg

gallery_21633_866_253797.jpg
Ooh, that's nice mate! Well done on making such a schmick unit. I just boxed mine in a jiffy box from jaycar and cut up a couple of extension cords. :unsure:

Proffs said:
Ooh, that's nice mate! Well done on making such a schmick unit. I just boxed mine in a jiffy box from jaycar and cut up a couple of extension cords. :unsure:
That makes two of us!

I bought mine ready made...I'm a lazy bugger.

untitled.JPG

sponge said:
That makes two of us!
That makes three of us. I lost one of my Fridge Mates for 4 or so months during summer to control the air-con in my 1 year old's room so it can stay there and I'll get an STC for the ferment fridge - auto heating and cooling.

The FridgeMate only has manual switching between heating and cooling so it will be good for his room.

I too have joined the list of excited people after finally being able to switch on my new temp controller over the weekend.
Just got a question just regarding the temp sensor.
With my sensor I just taped it to the side of my fermenter and insulated it with an old stubby holder. Has anyone else used this method?
Also I have noticed a difference between the sensor ready on the unit and the stuck on temp strip. Roughly about 2 degrees difference.
Should I try and calibrate the sensor?

Back