I Froze My Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benhobbs

Reaction score
While trying to shuffle a second keg into the fridge, which turned out to be quite a bit more difficult than I first anticipated... I knocked the thermostat and managed to freeze everything in it.

I can see frozen beer in the beer line, and a longneck I opened had ice in it, so I suspect the keg is at least partially frozen.

Have I killed my brew?

Thanks
Ben :)

woohoo! I was getting a bit worried there... One of the kegs was only just filled yesterday.

Thanks Linz!

Ben :)

I to had this problem, i have been brewing for our local comps here and i must have knocked the thermostat in my lager fridge and have managed to freeze 6 full kegs.

My question is not have i stuffed my beer but will it have a unhealthy affect on it considering they are all for comps.

Stagger

Stagger said:
I to had this problem, i have been brewing for our local comps here and i must have knocked the thermostat in my lager fridge and have managed to freeze 6 full kegs.

My question is not have i stuffed my beer but will it have a unhealthy affect on it considering they are all for comps.

Stagger
[post="76985"][/post]​

They will be fine, you need to bring them back up to kegging temp and leave for a while for the beer to reabsorb the gas. You will not even know the difference.
Andrew

That what i like to hear Cheers, i have set my temp control for 10c and will leve for a couple of days.

Stagger

Back