I Found Some 50 Litre Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony M

Reaction score
For anybody in Perth, I was at the Balcatta tip today and they had nine 50 Litre kegs for sale at $25.00 each. They have no insides but are in excellent condition and would be good for boilers. There is both squat and tall ones.

Good Find Tony,

dont suppose u are interested in organising freight over to Adelaide via courier for me - would look at least 3 - 6.

Prefer tall ones.

Which tip Tony?

I was at Di Candillo used machinery in Midland the other day and they had three 50l kegs for $75 each. Usual ownership debate applies though.

Vlad,
Its the City of Stirling recycling plant in Balcatta Rd. You can drive into the recyling yard on the left and the kegs are in a little wire cage on the Southern end of the shed at the rear. There are also a couple of 200 litre SS tanks (ex Hot water systems) for $70.00 if you are good at sheet metal fabrication and want to cut them up.
Regarding the kegs, I will be up that way again on Thursday and if they are still there, I'll see what I can organise for GMK and grab you a couple as well if you want.

Tony M said:
Its the City of Stirling recycling plant in Balcatta Rd. You can drive into the recyling yard on the left and the kegs are in a little wire cage on the Southern end of the shed at the rear. There are also a couple of 200 litre SS tanks (ex Hot water systems) for $70.00 if you are good at sheet metal fabrication and want to cut them up.

Excellent detective work Tony

I am looking for a way of getting a bigger boiler and might go have look at those tanks

Cheers

Ausdb

Tony M said:

Update

I went there for alook at lunchtime today, asked the guy where the kegs were and said he didn't have any?? but I should have taken your directions with me. The solahart tanks look promising tho, I think I will get one on the weekend

Ausdb

Latest posts

Back