I Am Ambivalent About Chilling Methods

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swinging Beef

Blue Cod
Reaction score
Making good beer is more than just the methods and the hardware you use to get to your ends.

Learn to use either or both and make good beer.

Fence sitters are just people without big enough balls to take a side. Even if what they say is right... :)

Love it that my post has created two others...No-Chill has its place and it works well but if there is the tiniest flaw in the cube then you're screwed, the same way that if there is the tiniest flaw in your chill process or yeast management process you're screwed.

Agree - learn to do both and you're set.

Keep it clean.

I'll continue to chill most of the time, and no-chill when it suits.

Has anyone used a heatsucking cold plasma ray gun yet?! Somebody ought to have one lying around from the last Martian invasion????

Has anyone used a heatsucking cold plasma ray gun yet?! Somebody ought to have one lying around from the last Martian invasion????

Hmmm...yes, but I heard there were a lot of problems with their exponential activator coefficient regulators. The Plutonian-designed models were a bit more expensive but worth it in the long run. I think the Martian ones are fine if you only brew maybe once a month, but you get what you pay for I suppose...

Hmmm...yes, but I heard there were a lot of problems with their exponential activator coefficient regulators. The Plutonian-designed models were a bit more expensive but worth it in the long run. I think the Martian ones are fine if you only brew maybe once a month, but you get what you pay for I suppose...

Don't get the cheap martian ones. I had an earth-shattering ka-boom, and that really stuffed my batch.

images.jpg

I only no-chill because the tap water isn't cold enough here to use a chiller. I'd much rather use a plate chiller or something like that to be honest so that I could pitch yeast the same day as brewing.

Don't get the cheap martian ones. I had an earth-shattering ka-boom, and that really stuffed my batch.
As long as you didn't contract the Grups infection....

Don't stare that hard! Mind wave cooling has never been proven to work. Now, if you couple that up to an amplifier and augmenter..... But then, that cannot be accepted as a scientific comparison because it has too many added variables and is totally different.

As amusing as all this is I'm sure the two threads in question have provided (and will continue to provide, should the search feature ever be used) those looking to start out in full volume boils a great number of perspectives on the methods and have helped in some way despite the silly barracking that has gone on at times.

I'd love a glycol setup so I could run direct from the kettle into the fermenter at a temperature of my choosing.

*sigh* come on lotto......

i pitch my yeast directly into the boiling hot wort..... :p

of course I use a starter... I'm not that silly!

Oops. I must be trolling yet again!

That bum guy is a real douche.

i just wanted to say shit bum in the same sentence....

i apologise for being a poop bum.

Latest posts

Back